• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep shops/mechanic shops in Simi Valley?

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
I have a coworker who owns a jeep and between her and her husband they can't really wrench much on the jeep and from the sounds and feel I got from the jeep after taking it for a spin it needs some work ;) It's due for brakes, ujoint work (axle shafts and driveshafts) and probably some other general maintenance work.

Anyways, she's @ Simi Valley and used to take it to the dealership and after couple stories she told me about what and how they do things I told her that I'll ask around for shop recommendations in her area... so any recommendations?

Thanks

Well for Brakes, Brake Master on LA ave is decent, so I've been told. Don't know of any shops (don't use them) Are they interested in learning to wrench on their stuff? How bad off is their ride? I could give up a Sat or 2 after I get my junk rolling again, if they want to get involved & learn. I don't want to become someones free wrench, but wouldn't mind lending a hand. What year XJ? Any mods to their XJ?

Rob

FELIX said:
Are they interested in learning to wrench on their stuff?
Yes, but they can't at the moment.

How bad off is their ride? I could give up a Sat or 2 after I get my junk rolling again, if they want to get involved & learn. I don't want to become someones free wrench, but wouldn't mind lending a hand. What year XJ? Any mods to their XJ?
Thanks for the offer, but I can do the same thing for them, except as I mentioned above, certain thngs do not allow them to pursue the technical "education" so they're just looking to get things done.

Btw, it's a TJ :D Lifted with 31's and nothing much more to it.

I could be of some assistance too. Always willing to lend a hand. I dont want to be a free wrench either. But I could help you out Rob, and make their experience with their Jeep more enjoyable.

Aaron

99xjache said:
I could be of some assistance too. Always willing to lend a hand. I dont want to be a free wrench either. But I could help you out Rob, and make their experience with their Jeep more enjoyable.

Aaron
Thanks guys for all the offers. For now though all they need/want is a shopt to drop their TJ off at and pick it up when it's done.

Kejtar said:
Btw, it's a TJ :D Lifted with 31's and nothing much more to it.

Oh Forget it then :laugh3: I do know of a great guy in T.O. Specializes in electrical/ computer issues, but also general mechanic's He will definitely do them right.

Dana Swan @ Automotive Computer & Electric 805-496-3450. I've known him over the course of about 20 years When I was in HS & he owned Newbury Park Auto. As far as mechanics go, you won't find a more honest one & he's got some talent as well.

Aaron, Thanks for the offer as well

Rob

FELIX said:
Oh Forget it then :laugh3: I do know of a great guy in T.O. Specializes in electrical/ computer issues, but also general mechanic's He will definitely do them right.

Dana Swan @ Automotive Computer & Electric 805-496-3450. I've known him over the course of about 20 years When I was in HS & he owned Newbury Park Auto. As far as mechanics go, you won't find a more honest one & he's got some talent as well.

Aaron, Thanks for the offer as well

Rob
Thanks I'll pass it on.

Jeff the owner of Champion Muffler, corner of LA and Erringer, southwest side of the street . Helped me with my smog issues and is pretty knowledgeable in alot of stuff. Knows Renix well too.

Back