• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Redrilling Wheels?

csudman

NAXJA Forum User
Can it be done? I'm gettin ready to upgrade axles, I've spent some decent money on powdercoating my wheels red. It'll be alot cheaper to just getum machined to match my new bolt pattern, more than likely cherokee chief 44's, then buy new wheels and start all over. My question is will I be losing strength by doing this? There appears to be enought flat metal in the center of the wheel to do it. BTW, they started life as the traditional black rockcrawler wheels.

You might want to consider re-writing your signature file. Sounds offensive to me. Not to mention something NOT to be proud of.

Michael

PS. In general wheels can not be re-drilled for new bolt patterns without a significant amount of cost and or modifications necessary. Powder coated rock crawlers would be easier/cheaper to replace than modify in my mind.

Now I want to know the story!
There are companies that will widen/redrill aluminum rims, but I bet it would be MUCH more than what you spent on powdercoating.

I spent about 150.00 on five wheels plus another 150.00 to powdercoat them. Thats 300.00 It can't cost that much to drill. And their steel.

The Story, I was driving to work, downtown, going through a green light. A 10 year old girl flew out from around the corner and drove her bike out infront of me. She can out from behind a building. I slammed on my brakes but it was already to late. Her handle bar hit on of my hella's and my tire ran over her rear tire. She ended up about 6" from my diff. If I wasn't running 35's w/ 8" my undercarage would have ate her alive. I jumped out and she got up. Dazzed. I asked her if she was alright and she said she was fine. She picked up her bike and limped on. Rear wheel wobbling the whole way.

Well thats the story.
Enjoy

Its not... but som epeople have sand in their vanaynay. Ok back to the wheels problem.

You can always try and sell the wheels you have now, to cut your losses. At the very least for 150.

Back