• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My RE-Build thread...

So... About 2 months ago, my engine decided to take a jump off a bridge.:skull1: Well, not literally. My engine overheated, and blew the radiator. Replaced the radiator, the water pump, and the thermostat. But once I refilled the coolant and put everything back together, it sounded like a Hummer diesel motor starting on a cold day... it.. was... bad!:( All of my mechanic buddies have told me the sound is a spun main bearing....

So with a heavy sigh,:cry: I had to take Zipperhead off the road. And started looking for a new motor. In my search, I found more than just a motor... I FOUND 2 XJs for a GREAT Price! So, I now have Zippppy, a 91 4dr, 4wd, and a 92 parts XJ. Aside from a few minor updates to a couple of components, Zippppy is street worthy and will be my daily driver from here on out.

As for Zipperhead, She will be reborn!!! The plan is almost an entire rebuild. New engine or rebuild engine depending on how bad it is, regearing both axles, internal roll cage with halo, custom half doors, custom safari top, new rear bumper, a new paint job, 35" tires, redone suspension, frame stiffening, and a whole lot more!:sunshine:

So here's where I start:

'00 XJ 4dr, 4wd 269K miles, custom front bumper, JY 4.5in lift, 31in tires on 17in rims.

That's where I'm starting And here's pics:
DYDjzOQ.jpg

1LcSaqa.jpg

ZiHTb1a.jpg

Please follow the build, it should be fun!!!

Back