• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RIPPED OFF be careful out there :(

xjintx

NAXJA Forum User
I posted needing a clockspring. I received a PM here from a member JAMES44 (I thought) saying a Karen Salazar in Missouri had one... contact her at [email protected]

So I emailed her and she had for a good price $65 I asked about it and for references. I received email addy for references and they replied they had purchased fine from her... they were leery of Western Union but got what they bought.

I know I'm an f_in Idiot but I sent it to her. Well nothing since so maybe be leery of a Jo Squires as he was the reference :(

No idea how they were able to PM me here on this site????

Oh Well I still need on if available anywhere ;)

I googled and they have ripped many others off online. Sucks that I'm such a dummy :( I can honestly say I was a good scapegoat as it's the first I've ever been ripped off from a forum I'm a member of.

Always be leery of people that recently sign up. The james44 guy signed up the same day he PM'd you and hasn't been back since. I also don't extend much trust to anyone who isn't a red letter member, because that means they aren't really into supporting the club.

That sucks Roger :(

Yes I was leery and asked for references from NAXJA. She sent me two email addresses for reference. They both replied as good dealer even though she won't use PayPal. Now I realize the emails were probably hers too :( Well now I will probably be hesitant to deal with anyone.. especially if not local to me :(

Sorry to hear... sounds like this might be a new way to scam. Google for WTB posts on forums, make an account, respond to that post.

I've made the BOD aware so we can keep an eye on this type of activity.

I appreciate your posting this as a warning to others. There a plenty of effing thieves out there.

Well at least now I've ordered a new one :) Yea I'm one of those guys that needs to learn everything the hard way ;) Hope it helps someone else :)

a min post to count even view classifieds might be a good idea

Back