• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Please help to identify

Mr.G & Family

NAXJA Forum User
DSC01846.jpg

DSC01842.jpg

DSC01844.jpg

DSC01843.jpg

DSC01847.jpg

DSC01845.jpg

Great thanks, I need this info before i ordered my lift I guess. Is that rear end better or the same as the Dana 35?

It's a 27 spline seeing as how your jeep in not 97 or newer. It can easily be updated to the 29 spline version.

Much better than D35 but not quite as good as D44...from what I have heard

I've actually heard that the 8.25 is just about as good as it gets from the factory. I think the reason people like the d44s, is cause there are more locker kits for them, and they're easier to find.
(just as a disclaimer, I THINK this is correct. If someone knows better, please set me straight)

For clarification to the OP:
Front axle is a Hi-pinion Dana 30 (D30)

Rear is definitely a C8.25, and as stated from 1991 through mid-1996 they had 27-spline axles. Mid-96 through 2001 were 29-spline axles, and the only way to reliably determine the difference would be by popping the cover and counting axle splines.

The t-case pic looks a little blurry on my monitor, but if your shift pattern is 2H-4H-N-4L then you've got an NP231. If the shift pattern is 2wd-4part-time-4full-time-N-4LO then it's an NP242.

http://www.yuccaman.com/jeep/history.html

Jim www.yuccaman.com

Back