• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TC Drop Question

Harvo

NAXJA Forum User
I'm about to do an RE 5 inch lift on my 93. I was going to wait to see if I needed the SYE or If I could do without but...

I have drop brackets and braces to put on. I hear they are a pain to line up. If I put the TCase spacers in for now, then need the SYE after all...

1. Will I have to remove the TCase spacers?
2. If I do, will the hole alignment for the DB braces get all whack again when I pull out the bolts?

3. When you order an SYE from DPG, do they know how long the drive shaft should be for each application of lift? (IE. can I order one up ahead of time and get one that works?)

Thanks
HarveOut-

You can get a drive shaft made from your factory specs. Call Dirk and he should be able to get you on the right track on how/what to measure.

What are you doing on here? You are supposed to be out testing that new suspension.

Thanks for the info. I regret not ordering that stuff when I ordered the lift. I want to do it all together, so now I have to try and get the SYE and DS here before my garagetime runs out on Wed.

Can you do the AA SYE without removing the TCase?

Harvo said:
Can you do the AA SYE without removing the TCase?

its much easier to remove the case - too many small parts to deal with otherwise...

stupid springs...

you have to take the case apart which means supporting the trans and removing the x-member anyway - might as well pull the case and work in the light and right side up....

HTH
-Ranger

XJ_ranger said:
its much easier to remove the case - too many small parts to deal with otherwise...
you have to take the case apart which means supporting the trans and removing the x-member anyway - might as well pull the case and work in the light and right side up.... -Ranger
It does not require the crossmember to be removed,Ive done several in the vehicle with ease!

XJ_ranger said:
you have to take the case apart which means supporting the trans and removing the x-member anyway - might as well pull the case and work in the light and right side up....
-Ranger

WHAT u don't have to remove the case and i don't know what springs u are talking about doing a sye all there are are snap rings that can be a pain without the proper tools.

Back