• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How does my shackle angle look?

rogersjeep

NAXJA Forum User
http://http://
100_2588.jpg
100_2589.jpg

That is awesome, I never thought about making it adjustable like that. . . only thing I would add would be to box the sides in, gussets could get caught and bend up. Looks goot though, I like it.

Looks good, is it just bolted in?

it has a tab thats bolted in the stock shackle location. I'm in the process of designing one that bolts to the rear cross member (where the bumper mounts) and one bolt that mounts to the front of the bucket?.

rogersjeep said:
it has a tab thats bolted in the stock shackle location. I'm in the process of designing one that bolts to the rear cross member (where the bumper mounts) and one bolt that mounts to the front of the bucket?.

Or tie it into the frame at the trailer hitch mounting holes. Very nice work!

So you just have the one stock bolt holding it in? Is it just two tabs coming off the plate to sit inside it or is it boxed more to fit snugly on 3-4 sides.

here is how i did mine, all bolt in with 2 1/2 in grade 8 bolts going into my bumper nutstrips and the stock shackle bolt in the bucket.

100_2038.jpg

100_2039.jpg

sorry for the crappy pics, the flash would not work on the camera that day.

The next weekend i took the jeep to disney and tryed them out, the only thing i did not like about it is that you bang the end of the shackles. It changed the departure angle a little and i hit the shackles alot more than usuall. However, the quality of the ride and the amount of flex was well worth it.

does this affect pinion angle or the transfercase output angle, i.e. driveline angle? other than getting a better shackle angle and getting more lift, is it like having a much longer shackle?

Mine gave me about a half to three quaters of an inch.

So you just have the one stock bolt holding it in? Is it just two tabs coming off the plate to sit inside it or is it boxed more to fit snugly on 3-4 sides.

Its got two tabs with a spacer in between.

Be easy enough to weld a third tab towards the front of the vehicle, so that it sits inside the stock bracket with the other two, weld a couple nuts to it, drill some holes and you could bolt it through on the front. I would think the way you have it now it would want to move a bit.

Be real easy to add one more tab ;)

Back