• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

to fix shackle angle

userbmx1315

NAXJA Forum User
ok i was searching around and found two different ways to fix my shackle angle.
1. dodge van main leaf.
2. shackle relocation

my question is; which would ya'll do? i already have a set of dodge springs in the yard. but i would need to order a set of boomerangs. or i could keep all my stuff on my jeep and relocate my shackle. which one do ya'll think would be a better ride and flex better?

i'm running a bastard pack now. i'm just trying to save money. my cash right now is going towards regearing.

Starboard M said:
What packs do you have that give you a good angle?

true, but no worse than any others that i need to move the shackle or get a main from dodge van. i do have jks boomerange shackles although that does not fix the angle along with rustys 3" leaf packs.

89xj said:
true, but no worse than any others that i need to move the shackle or get a main from dodge van. i do have jks boomerange shackles although that does not fix the angle along with rustys 3" leaf packs.
I have RE 5.5 packs with 1.5'' shackle, and with no weight in the back I have a vertical shackle angle. With a couple hundred pounds in the back, it goes to about a 60* angle.

If you can weld, and have time to fine tune, go with the shackle relocation that freerider and XJranger did. Seems that they work well, but keep in mind that you will likely get more lift in the back, and might need a traction bar.

Its on the list for me, although, who knows if it will get done. :(

Some pics would help!What length are you running now?How much lift?

you can see how i did it on this link
http://trailkrawlers4x4.org/tkbbs/viewtopic.php?t=4009&start=150

this is a page off my build page on a local board. I made mine bolt in with 3 bolts, i have taken it to disney for a hard trip of wheeling as well as locally, and it does great. Gave me about over an inch of lift, made the back end ride alot better, and made that thing flex out like mad. the only thing limiting my flex at all now is my rear shocks being to long after i moved the mounts up.

Back