• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Is it an easy one man parking lot job? I drove her home rattling and leaking

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The hardest part is the pulley. You'll need the pulley puller from the parts store. It's just like changing a belt, except you pull the mount bolts out of the intake.

Do you have hydraulic line wrenches? You can use regular wrenches on the lines if you have to. You're going to spend more time changing the pulley than you are putting the pump in.

You're also going to need to jack the front end up to turn it lock to lock to bleed the pump out before you drive it.

82018b147d5b8130edb1bff485cc34df.jpg

I just moved everything from the media closet and put it in the basement.
BIG job, I had to rerun most of the network and coax because they were not long enough.
I liked the media closet because everything was together in one spot up stairs but I could not keep it cool.
I put in a vent fan on a thermostat but the fan would run constantly and I had to leave the door open even then it would hit 80*
Lar did not like the door open and did not like the idea of a louvered door either.
So now she has a hall linen closet with two sets of 20 amp receptacles and a vent fan in it.

The hardest part is the pulley. You'll need the pulley puller from the parts store. It's just like changing a belt, except you pull the mount bolts out of the intake.

Do you have hydraulic line wrenches? You can use regular wrenches on the lines if you have to. You're going to spend more time changing the pulley than you are putting the pump in.

You're also going to need to jack the front end up to turn it lock to lock to bleed the pump out before you drive it.
Just buttoned it up. Not terrible, took about 2 hrs. Did it in my condo parking lot. Had to reuse the old return hose, but the pulley came off fine and popped in. Now to get $300 back in core and tool rental costs back on my card :(

^Awesome!

About to test fire ex after new fuel pump and filter

mac '44 gallon empty tank' gyvr

Good thing gas isn't as expensive as it was a few years ago.

fark...

well dummy me went to pick up some cheap 225's for the xj i'm trying to sell. the tires are so bald i really don't want to drive it right now, but i figured id be nice and put tires on it so the buyer can drive home...went into the crappy part of town to pick up a set and tried to get in and out fast because i had my daughter with me and that neighborhood isn't great. got them home and realized they were damn trailer tires...doh

anyone need a set of 225 load range c goodyear marathons? pretty much new

fark...

well dummy me went to pick up some cheap 225's for the xj i'm trying to sell. the tires are so bald i really don't want to drive it right now, but i figured id be nice and put tires on it so the buyer can drive home...went into the crappy part of town to pick up a set and tried to get in and out fast because i had my daughter with me and that neighborhood isn't great. got them home and realized they were damn trailer tires...doh

anyone need a set of 225 load range c goodyear marathons? pretty much new
Next owner won't know that:eyes:

lol...

quick trip to nyc today to help a friend out of labor jam. $500 in plane tix plus my salary for the day means it must have been a pretty big jam. leaving at 10am, home tomorrow at 10 am

Thinking about a set of the 17" JK rims for the red XJ. There are plenty out there n you can score a set for like $100. Lots of take off 17" bfg tires too.....just would need a set of adapters. I scored a brand new Olympic front bumper w grill guard for basically free. Guy had it n wanted me to chop it up to fit a winch. I had the start of a Chzman winch bumper in the loft. We traded n he is paying me to finish the winch bumper n install it. Red jeep gets new bumper. :D

Thinking about a set of the 17" JK rims for the red XJ. There are plenty out there n you can score a set for like $100. Lots of take off 17" bfg tires too.....just would need a set of adapters. I scored a brand new Olympic front bumper w grill guard for basically free. Guy had it n wanted me to chop it up to fit a winch. I had the start of a Chzman winch bumper in the loft. We traded n he is paying me to finish the winch bumper n install it. Red jeep gets new bumper. :D
I got a pair of 1.25" adapters i dont need

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

they remind me of the older TJ Rubicon rims in a way. I really like the factory 16" Icons I have on it, but I seem to be finding better tire deals by far on 17" tires.

Are they the light or dark grey? Im on the hunt gor a set of 5 dark grey, cheap and in perfect condition. Better chance finding a unicorn

Back