• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WJ Disc Swap?

99xj4x4

NAXJA Forum User
I searched to no avail, all I could find were ZJ disc swaps.

So long story short I ended up w/ a set of WJ disc brakes off a 2000 w/ a Dana 44 A rear axle. Ive done the ZJ disc swap to an 8.25. My question is, will WJ brakes work with a 8.25? Is there any differences? I dont have the 4 studs on either side to bolt the brackets to the axle housing, anyone happen to know the measurements for these bolts?

Just want to know what to expect before I rip one side of my drums off my DD, really dont want to get into it and find out its not going to work.
Thanks.

The WJ bolt pattern is 5x5" and the XJ bolt pattern is 5x4.5", right ? Since the ZJ, KJ, Crown Vic, and Explorer disk swaps are all so well documented, why make your life more difficult ?

Last edited:
Ya there are no more ZJ brakes here in town basically because Ive already bought all them LOL.
Im just wondering if I can use the WJ backing plates and calipers on ZJ rotors. Maybe Ill just have to do a write up on if I figure out how to make them work.

It will work, you just have to find a special rotor. THe WJ rotors are bigger I think, so the ZJ rotors will not fit. You would need to go through the parts book at a store and find the rotor with the same diameter and hat size, but with the ZJ pattern. Or drill the WJ rotors to work. Then you will still have to do the sleave deal you would have had to do to a ZJ setup to get it to work on a 44 or 8.25.

I will be using my ZJ rotors on my MJ, but first I am gonna get some money out of the fresh drums that I put on there last year.

Back