• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ZJ head light replacement help plz...

yellowxj

NAXJA Forum User
My wifes 95 ZJ has the horrible hazed up headlights so for xmas I got her new headlights. Any one ever taken the head light assemble out of a grand cherokee? I only looked for a few minutes but seem to have missed how to take the whole thing out. Any help you can give will surely save me time working on her zj so I can get back to the important work of correcting some mechanical deficiencies on my xj. Thanks.

I dunno, check out www.nagca.com though, its like our beloved NAXJA but for ZJs and WJs. They haved a forum that might answer ytoure question faster.

grab the bottom edge of the offending headlight and pull forward and slightly upward HARD! (Warm weather is a good idea, as the plastic gets brittle belowzero) after you pop the bottom loose (2 popouts) do the same thing, but on the top edge (one popout, the adjustable type.) Pull the housing out far enough to disconnect the wiring. You're done!

Back