• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

241or t-case

moneypitxj

NAXJA Member #565
any of you guys that put the rubi t-case in your xj have issues w/your driveshafts front or rear and chage or modify them?
i am getting real a loud noise from mine going down the highway.

No, haven’t had any noises. Did you toss the rear flange style yoke that comes with it... and replace it with a standard yoke. If you did...did the nut on the flange seat seat all the way with the output shaft flush with the end of the nut? I have heard of some cases of the shaft getting pushed in and getting stuck behind the lube gear during removal with a gear puller. Just crawl under and take a look compare it to the front shaft they should have seated the same they are the same length. If it looks like it didn’t seat take the yoke off then turn it and pull it by hand it should come free. If that doesn’t work cal John White at JB Conversions. He should help you out.

Thor

Back