• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coil Spring Stumbed? coil gods! help

TBCherokee

NAXJA Forum User
I have a BDS coil spring 2 in lift up front now on my 2001 xj ( rides rough)
so i bought old man emu coils , but quadratec sent light duty
i have med duty rear leafs from OME> and i'm sure light duty would ride not as hard, but didn't know if someday i might have a little more weight up front like bumper/ winch etc..
so now they sent med duty,OME coils, for a tj but said it was the same coil used on med duty xj .( does that sound right to you guys)
I noticed that the light duty and med duty are the same height, but the
med duty coil has more coils and coils are closer together.

my problem is,
the BDS coil has 10 coils, but are closer together like the med duty OME which has 12 coil>
will the med duty OME ride as rough as the BDS coil?
Should i keep the light duty OME instead?
there both 2 in lift coils, but wasn't for sure if the med duty OME might lift me higher since it had more coils, but same height as others though,and i don't want to go any higher in front than my 2 inches.

any suggestions ???? Which one of the OME coils should i keep? What i was afraid of is the light duty might not give me the same lift as i have now? or does that not effect ride height , light , med, heavy, duty? on coils
I have all the coils here with me now, and can make my decision before i need to send the others back to Quadratec.
thanks

Last edited:
no offense, but in my opinion if you are so desperate for a smooth ride, you should sell the jeep and get a cadilac.

while a jeep doesn't have to ride like a cargo train, i don't think you can exactly put "smooth ride" and "lifted jeep" in the same sentence.

scorpio_vette said:
while a jeep doesn't have to ride like a cargo train, i don't think you can exactly put "smooth ride" and "lifted jeep" in the same sentence.

Why not?
I can...:roll:

Quick note - stock XJ coils will provide a 1-2" lift on TJs, so they aren't exactly the 'same' coil...

Back