• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Replacement Fuel Lines

bjoehandley

NAXJA Forum User
Does anybody make bolt in replacement fuel lines for the '97-'01 XJ? Mine has been parked a while and I threw a new battery in it so it was usable and it started leaking fuel shortly after firing and there was still a gas smell when I got in my 200 to go to work this morning. We did have issues with the line that was tied into the evap system and Dad fabed something up since we needed something quick and it was the weekend with no obvious parts available at that time, so I'm thinking there is a good place to start looking.

Are the lines rusted or are the O-rings bad in the coupler where it meets the fuel rail? My '94 leaked at the rail and I would get a light fuel smell while driving. Look for a wet coupler.

Omix-ADA 17732.30 is the only hard line I found in a quick search.

I'm thinking if I had to replace my fuel line I would swap over to stainless steel braided hose and AN fittings -- I wouldn't trust anything "factory"made from china or mexico not to leak

I know it will cost, and probably overkill but it's a job I would only want to do 1 time

I'm thinking if I had to replace my fuel line I would swap over to stainless steel braided hose and AN fittings -- I wouldn't trust anything "factory"made from china or mexico not to leak

I know it will cost, and probably overkill but it's a job I would only want to do 1 time

As much as I'd love to, it's not really worth the time and money to do any more. I wouldn't be surprised if some places would recommend scrapping it if it takes fabbing something as a replacement.

As much as I'd love to, it's not really worth the time and money to do any more. I wouldn't be surprised if some places would recommend scrapping it if it takes fabbing something as a replacement.

I guess thats a decision only you can make -- No way I scrap my XJ for a fuel line issue

Rust,rot, accident are the only reasons I can think of -- everything else is fixable

I personally don't care for all the computer controlled crap in a newer vehicle and will fix my xj till I can't regardless of cost

I guess thats a decision only you can make -- No way I scrap my XJ for a fuel line issue

Rust,rot, accident are the only reasons I can think of -- everything else is fixable

I personally don't care for all the computer controlled crap in a newer vehicle and will fix my xj till I can't regardless of cost

It's got plenty of rust, having spent most of it's 20 years in the Chicagoland area, that's what would make it iffy in some eyes. It's no longer my daily, but I would fix that rust if funds presented themselves.

You can safely replace cut-out fuel line using SAE R10 fuel hose and clamps, IF you bubble flare the cut ends.

My 96 had the fuel filter connected with R6 hose from the factory, but even it held for 20 years until I replaced it with R10.

Back