NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Chapters > Midwest Chapter
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Midwest Chapter Discussion of Chapter issues. Please keep Tech Topics on the Tech Forums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 221 votes, 4.98 average. Display Modes
  #84736  
Old May 12th, 2016, 13:58
macgyvr's Avatar
macgyvr macgyvr is offline
NAXJA Member #120
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Indiana
Posts: 19,819
Re: Important

cheesy he probably posted his firing on fb

mac 'what did we do before fb?' gyvr
__________________
MWC President / President
It's always a good time to join or renew your membership!
My idea of a perfect vacation is a road trip through beautiful country. To make it really fun, all that's needed is a modified vehicle, a few close friends, and some serious off-roading. Cole Quinnell - Editor, 4WOR, Dec 99
Reply With Quote
  #84737  
Old May 12th, 2016, 16:41
BRIANHO13's Avatar
BRIANHO13 BRIANHO13 is offline
<- Yum Chocolate
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 9,661
Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIANHO13 View Post
I had some $5 pin stripe tape go missing today, I reviewed the cameras and I think it is one of the guys I had the most trust in out there....


20yr guy 24/hr....2 rolls of tape worth 10....wtf
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #84738  
Old May 12th, 2016, 17:07
need-a-bow's Avatar
need-a-bow need-a-bow is offline
NAXJA Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,081
Re: Important

My power steering pump just crapped out and left a puddle in the aldi parking lot. Im guessing this is going to be pricey. Not good less than 24hrs before heading to Redbird

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #84739  
Old May 12th, 2016, 17:14
RedHeep's Avatar
RedHeep RedHeep is offline
NAXJA #1499
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New London, OH
Posts: 8,701
Re: Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by need-a-bow View Post
My power steering pump just crapped out and left a puddle in the aldi parking lot. Im guessing this is going to be pricey. Not good less than 24hrs before heading to Redbird

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Those are cheap. Get the one with the reservoir.
Reply With Quote
  #84740  
Old May 12th, 2016, 17:20
need-a-bow's Avatar
need-a-bow need-a-bow is offline
NAXJA Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,081
Re: Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHeep View Post
Those are cheap. Get the one with the reservoir.
Is it an easy one man parking lot job? I drove her home rattling and leaking

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #84741  
Old May 12th, 2016, 17:57
RedHeep's Avatar
RedHeep RedHeep is offline
NAXJA #1499
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New London, OH
Posts: 8,701
Re: Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by need-a-bow View Post
Is it an easy one man parking lot job? I drove her home rattling and leaking

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
The hardest part is the pulley. You'll need the pulley puller from the parts store. It's just like changing a belt, except you pull the mount bolts out of the intake.

Do you have hydraulic line wrenches? You can use regular wrenches on the lines if you have to. You're going to spend more time changing the pulley than you are putting the pump in.

You're also going to need to jack the front end up to turn it lock to lock to bleed the pump out before you drive it.
Reply With Quote
  #84742  
Old May 12th, 2016, 18:07
POLAR_JEEP_04's Avatar
POLAR_JEEP_04 POLAR_JEEP_04 is offline
NAXJA Member #2130
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 8,165
Important

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ&CHZ4ME View Post
Some see this as a silly online jeep club.........we are more than that, we are like family.
Buy from sponsors to support those who support our club!
http://sponsorship.naxja.org/

Join ... http://www.naxja.org/html/membership_faq.htm
Reply With Quote
  #84743  
Old May 12th, 2016, 18:54
seanR's Avatar
seanR seanR is offline
Want to puff on my pipe?
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 2958'28.9"N 9915'15.5"W
Posts: 11,819
Re: Important

I just moved everything from the media closet and put it in the basement.
BIG job, I had to rerun most of the network and coax because they were not long enough.
I liked the media closet because everything was together in one spot up stairs but I could not keep it cool.
I put in a vent fan on a thermostat but the fan would run constantly and I had to leave the door open even then it would hit 80*
Lar did not like the door open and did not like the idea of a louvered door either.
So now she has a hall linen closet with two sets of 20 amp receptacles and a vent fan in it.
__________________
My pen is huge

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIANHO13 View Post
[RTETTY DTR I JSVR NRVER BERNN THING DRRND.
Reply With Quote
  #84744  
Old May 12th, 2016, 20:39
need-a-bow's Avatar
need-a-bow need-a-bow is offline
NAXJA Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,081
Re: Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHeep View Post
The hardest part is the pulley. You'll need the pulley puller from the parts store. It's just like changing a belt, except you pull the mount bolts out of the intake.

Do you have hydraulic line wrenches? You can use regular wrenches on the lines if you have to. You're going to spend more time changing the pulley than you are putting the pump in.

You're also going to need to jack the front end up to turn it lock to lock to bleed the pump out before you drive it.
Just buttoned it up. Not terrible, took about 2 hrs. Did it in my condo parking lot. Had to reuse the old return hose, but the pulley came off fine and popped in. Now to get $300 back in core and tool rental costs back on my card
Reply With Quote
  #84745  
Old May 12th, 2016, 20:46
macgyvr's Avatar
macgyvr macgyvr is offline
NAXJA Member #120
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Indiana
Posts: 19,819
Important

^Awesome!

About to test fire ex after new fuel pump and filter

mac '44 gallon empty tank' gyvr
__________________
MWC President / President
It's always a good time to join or renew your membership!
My idea of a perfect vacation is a road trip through beautiful country. To make it really fun, all that's needed is a modified vehicle, a few close friends, and some serious off-roading. Cole Quinnell - Editor, 4WOR, Dec 99
Reply With Quote
  #84746  
Old May 12th, 2016, 20:52
terrehautian's Avatar
terrehautian terrehautian is offline
NAXJA Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Terre Haute
Posts: 3,159
Re: Important

Good thing gas isn't as expensive as it was a few years ago.
__________________
"May the bird of paradise fly up your nose May an elephant caress you with his toes May your wife be plagued with runners in her hose May the bird of paradise [fly up your nose."
Little Jimmy Dickens

Injecting humor into threads when I can
Reply With Quote
  #84747  
Old May 12th, 2016, 21:12
altrocker1 altrocker1 is offline
NAXJA Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 4,429
Re: Important

fark...


well dummy me went to pick up some cheap 225's for the xj i'm trying to sell. the tires are so bald i really don't want to drive it right now, but i figured id be nice and put tires on it so the buyer can drive home...went into the crappy part of town to pick up a set and tried to get in and out fast because i had my daughter with me and that neighborhood isn't great. got them home and realized they were damn trailer tires...doh

anyone need a set of 225 load range c goodyear marathons? pretty much new
Reply With Quote
  #84748  
Old May 12th, 2016, 21:16
SAMSET's Avatar
SAMSET SAMSET is offline
NAXJA Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bradley IL.
Posts: 3,814
Re: Important

One of the nights. 3.5 hits in and I'm pooped.

9 more to go. Hope these lines start calming down
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixie03 View Post
Because boobs are great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by REWSTER View Post
maybe, but the fun starts when Rewster and Samset show up!

Be the change you want the world to be
Reply With Quote
  #84749  
Old May 12th, 2016, 21:17
SAMSET's Avatar
SAMSET SAMSET is offline
NAXJA Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bradley IL.
Posts: 3,814
Re: Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by altrocker1 View Post
fark...


well dummy me went to pick up some cheap 225's for the xj i'm trying to sell. the tires are so bald i really don't want to drive it right now, but i figured id be nice and put tires on it so the buyer can drive home...went into the crappy part of town to pick up a set and tried to get in and out fast because i had my daughter with me and that neighborhood isn't great. got them home and realized they were damn trailer tires...doh

anyone need a set of 225 load range c goodyear marathons? pretty much new
Next owner won't know that
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixie03 View Post
Because boobs are great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by REWSTER View Post
maybe, but the fun starts when Rewster and Samset show up!

Be the change you want the world to be
Reply With Quote
  #84750  
Old May 13th, 2016, 03:48
altrocker1 altrocker1 is offline
NAXJA Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 4,429
Re: Important

lol...


quick trip to nyc today to help a friend out of labor jam. $500 in plane tix plus my salary for the day means it must have been a pretty big jam. leaving at 10am, home tomorrow at 10 am
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IMPORTANT chelms27 Midwest Chapter 1 October 3rd, 2006 02:43
Most Important Rocketman Modified Tech Discussion 15 March 25th, 2005 20:23
how important is it? littlexj1 OEM Tech Discussion 2 March 22nd, 2005 09:38


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 17:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
NAXJA and NAXJA logo's Copyright NAXJA. All content/images Copyright NAXJA 1999-2014