• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just checking in.....

CharlesS

NAXJA Forum User
Well its been over a year since I sold my 98 XJ and its been over 5 months since I moved to the Quezon Province in the Philippines.

I searched around for a Jeep to purchase, but there are too many Chinese versions (not in a good way) and vehicles that are cobbled together.
Decided to purchase a 1993 Toyota Landcruiser PZJ75 pickup with a 3.4L 5 cylinder diesel. The truck has 285/75x16 BFG KM2s, a 50mm lift with new leaf springs, an Ironman 4x4 front bumper and 9000 lb winch and quite a few other additions.

Went up into the local mountains a few months ago to visit a rain forest up around 5,000'. The weather was damp, raining off and on, but the scenery was gorgeous.
I have driven into the city with the truck and have explored some of the local towns. Even drove the beach route for about 35-40 Kms.

Since it been over a year since I sold my XJ; I was wondering if anyone have seen the Jeep on the trails with its new owner ??

I will be returning to the San Diego in late November and will be around for several months trying finalize a few things. Hope to see some of you upon my return.

Charles

Karen Holloway spotted it in the wilds of El Cajon a while back, LOL.

Touch base when you're in SD!

1993 Toyota Landcruiser PZJ75 pickup with a 3.4L 5 cylinder diesel?

We need pics of this.

Sounds pretty cool.

It is great to hear from you. I hope life is treating you well.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

These are a couple pictures from a recent trip to Kinabuhayan on the way up to a rain forest in the mountains (5,000') above Delores, Quezon Province, PI

That looks like a very capable little truck.

Way cool.

Awesome, loving the red too.

Very nice truck. Purple Is The New Chrome used to have the same sized tires, but I went to a 17" rim to get load range C tires. The lift and bumper look like it should have come from the factory like that.

Back