• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which linkage?

Oatmeal

NAXJA Forum User
Hi guys,
I need help making a choice. I have in my possession a Dirtbound Offroad cable tcase shifter linkage and an Azzy's Design Works (similar to Boostworks but, way better quality) rod end setup. Taking into account the flexibility of the unibody XJs....
which one should I go with. I'll be doing this on Monday Feb 18 so, give me some compelling advice!
Thanks,
Hans

The flexibility of the unibody XJ has very little effect upon the shift mechanism. Most 4x4 shifter issues are from worn out or missing bushings, old age, and/or misalignment of the mechanism.

Add to that bad motor mounts and trans mount.

I am running the Boostwerks and am happy with it. I would probably go with the Azzy's.

But that is without having either of your options in my hands.

Azzys on mine. Works great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I am running the Boostwerks and am happy with it. I would probably go with the Azzy's.

But that is without having either of your options in my hands.
Yeah,
I probably will, Azzy's is superb quality.
Originally ordered Dirtbound's setup but, after almost 3 weeks with no tracking number, I canceled the order and ordered Azzy's then, 5 days later it shows up!
I was kinda disappionted, it showed up with no instructions, unpainted and I had to source the cable and ends myself....totaled to more than twice the price!
Might be putting it up for sale.
Hans

Sorry, but that's just funny.

I'd love to know how Azzy's is "way better quality"?
Well,
That's just my opinion.
Stainless vs zinc plated steel link arms would hold up better to hostile under vehicle environments (snow/salt)
Quality FK rod ends vs. generic ball & socket ends should stay tighter and require less attention and stainless coupling rod (see above) but, like I said that's just my opinion.
Hans.

Back