• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So what was Discussed

Actually, yes. We informally discussed that we need to wheel more as a group and then let nature take its course as far as a chapter. I wouls like to keep this forum and the lines of communication open.

Rev

Rev Den said:
Actually, yes. We informally discussed that we need to wheel more as a group and then let nature take its course as far as a chapter. I wouls like to keep this forum and the lines of communication open.

Rev

Aggreed ... Less Limited and I talked again briefly in the quarry on Sunday about the Chapter formation. It is definitely an open subject ...

IMHO ... JnJ and Beezil were right on the mark when they advised us the best way to form a Chapter (if it's going to happen) is to get together and wheel. Rather than a "Show of Hands", we need a "Show of Faces" at more Informal Events and see who is really interested.

Les

Meet your neighbor!!

Another thing. I am working on putting people on a map so we can see just what kind of an area we are talking about. One thing I noticed is there are quite a few people located close together, a few in Indy, some up in M StP, Some down in St L. quite a few in the Rockford Chicago area.

Has anyone made an attempt to "get to know your neighbor"? If you haven't do so! Use the PMs and meet up. A chapter will for much quicker if a group of personal friends join than a bunch of facless internett junkies try to get together.

After this weekend I can call alot of the people I met and got to know better friends now where I coulnd't before. I just hope they think the same of me!

:cheers: :jester: :dunce: :puke: :passgas: :wow:

Rev Den said:

Rev

That is a reasonable request... I agree that as more folks really[i/] get to know each other the easier the process may go. SE folks wheeled approx monthly for about a year informally before things really firmed up.

Thanks.

A chapter for the midwest is a great idea. the clubs in Indiana are so sparce and unorganized. For a family man like myself the clubs in this region are not a possiblity. all they want to do is drink and get crazy. I'm a new dad and that isn't the kind of thing i want my 7 month old son around. I guess the point of my post is that what i'm looking for is a responsible club, that wants to trail ride. work on land use issues and have clean family fun. without that what can we expect the next generation of wheelers to be like.

scott
age 23

not some old grumpy bastard

fristjeepguy said:
A chapter for the midwest is a great idea. the clubs in Indiana are so sparce and unorganized. For a family man like myself the clubs in this region are not a possiblity. all they want to do is drink and get crazy. I'm a new dad and that isn't the kind of thing i want my 7 month old son around. I guess the point of my post is that what i'm looking for is a responsible club, that wants to trail ride. work on land use issues and have clean family fun. without that what can we expect the next generation of wheelers to be like.

scott
age 23

not some old grumpy bastard

Do NOT wait for a local chapter to form, you have found the club you seek...Join now.

Rev

hey fristjeepguy....

nice avitar....

mac 'ft wayne' gyvr

Back