• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Currie Control Arms 9106 and 9102

AJ_learns_XJs

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone have the Currie upper or lower control arms referenced in the title? I talked to Currie and they said the part number 9106XJ has been discontinued and to purchage 9106 and 9102 for my XJ. They said the arms are designed for an XJ with a 4 inch lift but they seem short.

From Currie:
Upper-14.375"-15"
Lowers-15.25"-15.75"

Does this seem wrong to anyone? From what Currie said the max length would be right where stock should be.

I also looked at the instructions and it says:

2) Currie control arms come preset for a TJ with a 4” lift, a transfer case slip yoke eliminator kit, and a CV driveshaft.
Front upper arms - 15” c-c
Rear upper arms - 13 1/2” c-c
All lower arms - 15 3/4” c-c

Any opinions are welcomed.

This chart is often posted. The numbers are suggested starting points, but worked well for me at 3.5" of lift and at 5.5" of lift with drop brackets.

standard.jpg

Last edited:
I used the same chart as Tim, when originally setting the front control arms, about 15 years ago.
The lengths have been slightly changed to adjust the front pinion angle and caster.

Since the Curries LCAs are set at 15.75', they may be assuming anyone running a short arm suspension at 4+" is smart enough to be using drop brackets.

UPDATE- Since Currie's doesn't give room for any adjustment and the arms max out at stock lenght. I decided to go with Core 4x4's tier 4 arms: https://www.core4x4.com/product/jeep-tj-lj-xj-mj-front-control-arm-set-tier-four/. These use Currie JJs on both ends but are 1/2 inch bigger tubes with twice the wall thickness and give me room to grow. One thing to note the lowers bottom out at 16" and the uppers only go down to 15 1/8". Not the end of the world but just wanted to let people know. Should work with my 5" lift and RC drop brackets but push the axle forward a little bit.

Back