• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Currie XJ-specific control arms: what's so special?

7bars4me

NAXJA Forum User
In the market for some new short arms. After seeing the Iron Man arms advertised here I will likely go that route. Now I'm just more curious than anything. I noticed Currie has two control arms for the XJ. The same 9106s they have been selling for TJ/LJ/XJ/MJ and now they have a 9106XJ that is supposed to be XJ specific. Their website doesn't give any info about why they are XJ specific. Only difference I can see in the pictures is the gussets on the axle end. Don't know what those gussets would be for or why they'd be worth the extra $30/pair. Anyone who can explain this to me?

Have you asked the good folks at Currie?
no but i did ask the good folks at naxja who have never failed me before.

i work in a customer service field (diesel performance & repair). nothing irritates me more than annoying people calling with questions and looking for advice when they never intend on actually spending any money with me. so i try not to do the same.

That and the JJ at the axle end seems to be offset to clear the shock mount at full droop. RE's control arms applies the same concept.
that i did not notice upon first look. thank you sir.

I'm running the Currie JJ arms but not the XJ specific ones. I can tell you that the JJ joints last a good long while, I have had mine on there for 5 years or so and no issues.

I like RE joints better than Currie's because they are easily adjusted/re-built.Currie's are a bit of a pain.

Flex joints are a must though,and dont buy any arm that uses poly!

Back