• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Carpet for 2 door XJ

JeffDeWitt

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone had any luck finding carpet for a 2 door XJ? After about a quarter century the carpet in my Cherokee is getting pretty tired and I'd love to replace it, but am not having much luck finding it.

Can the 4 door carpet be used and trimmed to fit?

Thanks!

Isn't the only physical difference between 2 and 4 door the number of doors, and the size of the doors ? Why wouldn't 4 door carpet fit ?

Nearby junkyard ? I paid $12 for a complete carpet set, passenger and cargo. You could test fit/make a template and buy new based upon the results.

Pretty sure they're the same. I even think pre/post facelift is identical except color options

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Not responsive to your question -- but I got amazing results by taking my '98's carpet out, hanging it up and pressure washing it. Squirted it with "Simple Green" and let it soak for about an hour, then used the pressure washer. let it dry for several days (still hanging up) and while it wasn't 'like new' it was pretty damn good. Counterintuitive, I know, but my results were amazingly good.

Pressure washing is very underrated. Many people think its only works for car washes, but it doesn't. Many types of dirt can be removed using a hose with a well-chosen nozzle and a high-quality detergent. I once invited the guys from https://sparklewash.com/northcentralwv/ to wash some horrible graffiti off my garage. I asked them to apply the wash to the carpet as an experiment. We laughed a little, but the result amazed me. Imagine you have never seen the carpet in your living room clean, and suddenly it looks like you just bought it, haha.

Back