• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bucket seat in back?

Black1990jeep

NAXJA Forum User
I bought a driver seat for my Laredo. My jeep came too me with two front passenger seats, making it near impossible to access the seat tilt lever, wedged against the center console. Only 40 bucks, and the fabric is in good shape too.

Now I have a spare front passenger seat. Has anyone placed a front bucket seat in the rear seat area? I travel with rear seat removed, usually only two of us in the jeep, but once and a while I want three in the jeep.

It appears the seat feet need to be shortened a good deal, as the rear floor is higher than front floor.

Anyone done this?
PHP:

I see a custom fit in your future, but no, I have not heard of a front seat used in the back of the XJ.

Take plenty of pictures.

I think goslowgetstuck had one in the rear of his jeep. Never looked at it closely though

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

I've been contemplating a centered rear suspension seat in mine. If you do it take lots of pictures.

i did it in my old jeep. used some bestop seats which were TJ style oem replacements. looked cool , but could only fit small children, no way an adult would be comfortable getting and and out, let alone offroading without hitting your head on the roof. Went back to the stock bench seat really fast. Expensive mistake.

ever think about some kind of jump seat?

Back