• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Original Police XJ trails and specs.

Gojeep

NAXJA Forum User
These have been put up by a friend of mine who copied the book it was published in. Warning to dial up uses thought as they are same as large .jpg's.

It was really interesting read:rotflmao:

JeepCherokeePolice1_sm.jpg

JeepCherokeePolice2_sm.jpg

JeepCherokeePolice3_sm.jpg

JeepCherokeePolice4_sm.jpg

JeepCherokeePolice5_sm.jpg

These are pages from "Dodge, Plymouth & Chrysler Police Cars 1979-1994" by Edwin J. Sanow and John L. Bellah with Galen Govier. It was published in 1996 by Motorbooks International Publishers & Wholesalers. ©1996 by Edwin J. Sanow.
ISBN 0-7603-0197-2.

Maybe post those up in the street and road performance, beefed up swaybars gauges up to 120mph, I'd jump on trying to find n.o.s. parts at a dealership if i was into street perfomance... justa thought

There seems to be very little difference from standard XJ's - things like bigger sway bars (1 1/8") are already available (87 Limited) and there seem to be no difference in engine specs or performance from standard. There is mention of a different computer without the rev limiter but the specs indicate a top speed of 115 which is just about the 5250 of the rev limiter. You can duplicate the handling package with the larger sway bars, poly bushings and a good set of shocks, then add 8" canyon wheels and BFG TA's and you arte better than the Police Pkg.

The book title is "Dodge Plymouth and Chrysler Police Cars 1979 - 1994"

Back