• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is it too early? Cofest?

The other big question, is with IC folding into us, so we host fall fling as well, or is that going to be nixed or a national event?

FB is for old ladies to keep up with the grandkids!

My wife would kick your ass if you called her old, but that is the only reason she does FB :D
And the only reason I ever look at FB.

The other big question, is with IC folding into us, so we host fall fling as well, or is that going to be nixed or a national event?

Other than the big 5 year events, which national takes care of, the annual fall fling lately has been about as informal as Cofest, and didn't officially happen in 2017. But there was a group of NAXJAns/former NAXJAns there wheeling in October.

I would try and get time off for Bv. That’s the mild stuff I want to run in the 4runner this year

If we go to Moab, I am going to run White Rim Trail with my trailer.

Other than the big 5 year events, which national takes care of, the annual fall fling lately has been about as informal as Cofest, and didn't officially happen in 2017. But there was a group of NAXJAns/former NAXJAns there wheeling in October.

That’s kind of my point. The last fall fling I went to was pretty small and we just met up at city market and folks decided who wanted to go run what with who and took off. Was pretty laid back and uneventful which I liked a lot. But was still a thing.
I feel like it’s a reasonable question to ask. Because if so, do we get double funds for two events? If not do we get double funds for one event since we have more area now?

Ok I’ll be nice.....

If this something that national has to decide or “bless” one way or the other with fall fling/funds. Or is that a road that gets crossed when it’s closer? Although usually fall fling has been set up before cofest is sorted out.
Is this stuff bod is bringing up to national with taking on the IC, or what’s the deal there?

Last edited:
Ok I’ll be nice.....

If this something that national has to decide or “bless” one way or the other with fall fling/funds. Or is that a road that gets crossed when it’s closer? Although usually fall fling has been set up before cofest is sorted out.
Is this stuff bod is bringing up to national with taking on the IC, or what’s the deal there?
There is no more I.C., and we have all their money. Past that, National does not make, break, or define us as a Chapter!

BTW Mike, it is nice to see that you care!

I informally ran the Fall Fling in 2015 and 2016 (and maybe 2014, I can't remember) and it was very informal as our associate from Montrose points out. It can still be done informally, and if National blesses it, they in the past provided a bunch of swag to raffle off. Practically all of the money that went to the Colorado chapter from the Intermountain chapter was proceeds from the raffle and the picnic-type dinner we did those years. It was a good chunk of change. So, informal or not, it can be a chapter money-maker and especially if National provides some trinkets for the raffle. Just for your consideration, and if you want any more information about those years were run, PM me.

I like the idea of both, it means if I can’t make one I can maybe make the other.

I informally ran the Fall Fling in 2015 and 2016 (and maybe 2014, I can't remember) and it was very informal as our associate from Montrose points out. It can still be done informally, and if National blesses it, they in the past provided a bunch of swag to raffle off. Practically all of the money that went to the Colorado chapter from the Intermountain chapter was proceeds from the raffle and the picnic-type dinner we did those years. It was a good chunk of change. So, informal or not, it can be a chapter money-maker and especially if National provides some trinkets for the raffle. Just for your consideration, and if you want any more information about those years were run, PM me.

Yep was super fun and more of a camping trip and wheeling than a formal event. Which made it very enjoyable.

Well sounds like BOD needs to make a decision/commitment to one or both events and sort out when/where so people can start planning.

Did you set up a venue, or were people left to their own devices?

Hypoid: I had some suggestions each day for trails and the group said yes, no, or we'll go on our own. We reserved a picnic shelter one night for the dinner and raffle each year, but other evenings the people were on their own.

Back