• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ABS tone rings: XJ D35 vs. ZJ D35

casm

NAXJA Forum User
Quick question for anyone who may know: are the tone rings on a ZJ D35 with ABS the same as on an XJ D35 with ABS?

I need to pull a set of shafts for my D44 project to take the tone rings from and can find plenty of ZJs with ABS in the junkyard, but not many post-'92 ABSed XJs. If the axles are exactly the same, I should be set - is there anything I need to watch out for that may have changed year-to-year on the ZJs?

i not positive but i read some where that zj are 54 tooth and xj are 52 tooth but it should not make a difference

red_01_xj said:
i not positive but i read some where that zj are 54 tooth and xj are 52 tooth but it should not make a difference

XJ tone rings have 54 teeth (IIRC). Been a while since I've counted them, but this is the number that sticks in my head. IF ZJs are the same, I'm set.

then may be they are the same

Back