• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dodge Power Wagon

bgcntry72

NAXJA Forum User
Just reading the new Four Wheeler and saw the new Dodge Power Wagon.
First off: Electric InCab Swaybar Disconnects! Way cool.
Hemi Power, 10.5 rear with electric locker, 9.25 front with electric locker, 4.56 gears, 2.73 tcase, 12,000 lbs. winch behind front bumper made by Warn with remote controls, skids and metal bracing all the way down the framework, and 33" BFGs factory.
Info
Tow rig?
I think so.

Last edited:
bgcntry72 said:
Tow rig?
I think so.

Gonna have to get an off-road trailer, that way you don't have to stop 'til the Dodge can go no further (Although it'd be damn funny to run a full trail with a tow rig complete with Jeep on trailer!)

6 speed will be an option shortly after release, according to what I have read.
Not sure about the Cummins.
The truck looks to lean heavy towards off-highway use, and the diesel would add a ton of weight.
In the mag they ran it up a 20 degree ramp and it scored 460 connected and 655 disconnected.
Bilstein shocks!
DIG IT!

Last edited:
Reading on, the lockers can only be engaged in 4low, and only below 3 mph.
I am sure there is a way around this, though.
Not a word about a hemi, and I doubt there will be.

Very little to do with the article you're talking about, but the old Power Wagons very great.

Our old 1968 PW made it from Billings, MT to Flagstaff, AZ loaded to the gills with all our worldly belongings. THat was almost 17 years ago, and I just saw the damn thing driving around town the other day.

I hope the new ones will hold up to the old one's reputation.

Fergie

bgcntry72 said:

*Very* cool. How long do you give it until the too-stupid brigade switches it off on the freeway, rolls the truck, and sues Chrysler, resulting in it being pulled as an option?

Hemi Power, 10.5 rear with electric locker, 9.25 front with electric locker, 4.56 gears, 2.73 tcase, 12,000 lbs. winch behind front bumper made by Warn with remote controls, skids and metal bracing all the way down the framework, and 33" BFGs factory.

Needs a diesel. Otherwise, nice spec. 6-speed's a big plus.

The one downside I see to this (apart from idiots undoing the swaybar and not being aware of how it's going to affect dynamics): this is the perfect truck for the street queen brigade SoCal is so fond of... All they need is an obnoxious body lift and some 4' longarms and they're set.

casm said:
*Very* cool. How long do you give it until the too-stupid brigade switches it off on the freeway, rolls the truck, and sues Chrysler, resulting in it being pulled as an option?
Probably speed locked out: like the lockers on the rubi

casm said:

Needs a diesel. Otherwise, nice spec. 6-speed's a big plus.

The one downside I see to this (apart from idiots undoing the swaybar and not being aware of how it's going to affect dynamics): this is the perfect truck for the street queen brigade SoCal is so fond of... All they need is an obnoxious body lift and some 4' longarms and they're set.

You're ripping on the "too-stupid" brigade when you can't even read the entire article?

It automatically reengages at 29 km/h (18 mph), just in case the driver forgets to do so manually when leaving the trail - this is necessary as a front sway bar is important to maintain pickup truck stability at higher speeds.

BajaXJ92 said:
You're ripping on the "too-stupid" brigade when you can't even read the entire article?

I read the article and yes, I caught the reference to the speed cutoff. It's pretty much a foregone conclusion that someone's going to bypass it, swerve on the freeway, roll, and sue - this is California, after all. I expect idiot behaviour as the norm rather than the exception. But, hey, my bad for not explicitly mentioning that in the first place. I'll be sure to go into needlessly painstaking and redundant detail next time I make a reply to something in order to avoid future confusion.

casm said:
I'll be sure to go into needlessly painstaking and redundant detail next time I make a reply to something in order to avoid future confusion.

You must enjoy typing.

Thats all you've done, and its gotten you nowhere.

Then it seems you're self aware by the above quote, yet you still seem clueless.

Thanks for clogging up an otherwise good thread.

:rolleyes:

BajaXJ92 said:
Thanks for clogging up an otherwise good thread.

No problem. Thanks for assuming I care to get into a pointless argument with you.

bgcntry72 said:
Just reading the new Four Wheeler and saw the new Dodge Power Wagon.
Info
Tow rig?
I think so.

I just ran across the Power Wagon on the Dodge Web site .. did a search here... whala.

I wouldn't be surprised if this platform is used for the Jeep Rescue... you think ? Since I'm in the market for a new truck/tow vehicle... the 2005 Dodge Power Wagon is on the list for consideration now... this is the only thing that shifted the tides.

Whatta think is a good color choice: silver, gray or white ?

Thank god they're NOT using the Hemi with the fuel economy gizmo---that would have killed this Ram before it's released to the public for its debut.

Smart move Dodge Boys ... you're thinking outta the box now.

BudTX said:
If Dodge could come up with a tranny that won't die at 40k, they would have a decent line of trucks.

Yea, they sound like windup toys ... hopefully this has been addressed.

This is from the article:
A specially-made transmission features a heavy-duty torque converter, while a two-piece driveshaft is also part of the package.

What they should do is reintroduce the 727 Torqueflite for this rig ... it will handle over 600hp and is indestructable with some fine tuning.

Maybe that will follow the Hemi.

Back