• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

John & Sandy back in Michigan

96 Classic

NAXJA Member #324
:) Hi all, we back it back home late Monday night after having major car trailer problems. We left Moab around 1:30 after doing a 3 hour hike in Arches on Saturday morning. We made it to Eisenhower tunnel when I hear a noise, by the time we tried to stop the wheel bearings were completly gone on the right front wheel of the trailer. Which is the axle that has the brakes on it. The brakes got so hot on WJ trying to stop they faded away. Anyway we unloaded the Classic and Sandy drove the WJ pulling the 3 wheel car trailer and I drove the XJ. We limped into Troy and Shari's " Yella Heep " who live outside of Denver. They couldn't make it to the Fall Fling this year but they were as helpful as they always are on and off the trail. I know we're not the only ones who have found there way there and made use of Troy and his weder etc. Troy found a Napa that was open on Sunday so after taking another wheel off the trailer to get bearing numbers. Troy has better eyesight than I do. and after spending the night and getting the parts in the morning we were back on the road again Sunday aftetnoon.

Just want to say thanks to all who were in Moab this year. It was nice to see some new faces and a few old ones. Nice to see a few more old ones but maybe next year.

Thanks to Alex and Wanye for leading the trails we did. Doing Prichett 2 days in a row and Behind the Rocks is probably a little crazy but with Wayne leading the way it was a blast.

Lord willing we will see you all next year.

John B. 96 Classic

Glad you made it home. That return trip is a grind thru the moutains. I may unload in Vail and drive those two long pulls if I have to do it when it's hot.
Congradulations on the most/best modified rig award. Well deserved. We really enjoyed watching it go thru Pritchet and I may have some of your steering mods by next year. Thanks for explaining it all to me.

96 Classic said:
:) Hi all, we back it back home late Monday night after having major car trailer problems. We left Moab around 1:30 after doing a 3 hour hike in Arches on Saturday morning. We made it to Eisenhower tunnel when I hear a noise, by the time we tried to stop the wheel bearings were completly gone on the right front wheel of the trailer. Which is the axle that has the brakes on it. The brakes got so hot on WJ trying to stop they faded away. Anyway we unloaded the Classic and Sandy drove the WJ pulling the 3 wheel car trailer and I drove the XJ. We limped into Troy and Shari's " Yella Heep " who live outside of Denver. They couldn't make it to the Fall Fling this year but they were as helpful as they always are on and off the trail. I know we're not the only ones who have found there way there and made use of Troy and his weder etc. Troy found a Napa that was open on Sunday so after taking another wheel off the trailer to get bearing numbers. Troy has better eyesight than I do. and after spending the night and getting the parts in the morning we were back on the road again Sunday aftetnoon.

Just want to say thanks to all who were in Moab this year. It was nice to see some new faces and a few old ones. Nice to see a few more old ones but maybe next year.

Thanks to Alex and Wanye for leading the trails we did. Doing Prichett 2 days in a row and Behind the Rocks is probably a little crazy but with Wayne leading the way it was a blast.

Lord willing we will see you all next year.

John B. 96 Classic

Good to see you guys made it back ok. I just might be crazy enough to run Pritchett 3 days in a row next time. :D

WayneXJ said:
Good to see you guys made it back ok. I just might be crazy enough to run Pritchett 3 days in a row next time. :D
you might? i think you've done it already:)

Hay guys, same to ya. Our trip back was smooth. Stopped for a day of big city shopping & megaplex theatre in Kalispell. I get right on my lockers so I can keep up next year. Planning All for Fun in Co. and Divide Ride, MT if times are close. Are you planning? Thom

I'll be doing Winter Fest at the Badlands Offroad park in Feb. Then a few other runs in Mich. Hope to make it to Colorado Fest in the summer and then back to Moab next fall.

Not planning any changes to the XJ. Was really happy with the way it ran and drove this year.

John B.

96 Classic said:
I'll be doing Winter Fest at the Badlands Offroad park in Feb. Then a few other runs in Mich. Hope to make it to Colorado Fest in the summer and then back to Moab next fall.

Not planning any changes to the XJ. Was really happy with the way it ran and drove this year.

John B.
Thanks, is this Co Fest the same as All for Fun? Sure was great to wheel with you.
Thom

Back