• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moab/Durango/Silverton Photos

MJR

NAXJA Forum User
I know I have been lazy since I got back (just thinking about how soon I can go again, I know I suck). Well for those that didn't hear me talk about it,

It was great!

Ok here's some links and a few photos to look at.

Click Here for Easter Jeep Safari '06 Photos

Click Here for Moab-Durango-Silverton Photos

Click Here for more Moab Photos

FJ Cruiser's on the trail
photo23.jpg

It was rough being there :D
photo29.jpg

Scenery was ok :)
photo69.jpg

View from Top of the World
photo24.jpg

Click for larger panorama image

Just before the rollover
photo76.jpg

Click Here for the Rollover Video, 9.7mb file

Primedia TJ napping
photo47.jpg

Riding the Durango-Silverton steam train, we hit a car shortly after leaving the station.
photo48.jpg

Rode the bike to Silverton
photo14.jpg

Click here for a larger panorama

Liberty shows a TJ (TJ was on it's side when we showed up) how to do Escalator
photo62.jpg

Ok enough I'll let you do the looking through my 3 1/2 week trip on your own. Just rubbing it in. :D

Last edited:
Told you so!! Aren't Silverton and the San Juans awesome!! Why do you
think we're going back this summer for All4Fun. Want to join us?

mike, it was great wish i could have done more wheelin with you guys but i kinda needed money to play so had to work.

BTW: almost got the full kokapelli thing figured out:D

Looks like you had a BLAST!!!
ylsuper.gif

I rode the DSNGRR a few years ago.
FANTASTIC RIDE!!!!!!

Look familar?

100_0556.jpg

So... do i suck too? Iam heading to the San Juans Wed. afternoon!!! (3rd year in a row)
woot_emoticon.gif

Their doing a LOT of plowing right now.
Lake City to Silverton via the lower side of the Alpine loop over the Cinnamon pass is open.
(pics from another site, hope he dont mind i stole the link)
http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e96/kingvm/Colorado May 2006/?

Ophir Pass is open to the top from hwy 550.
Yankee Bouy is expected to be open on the 15th(?).
WOW!!! thats today!!! wonder if it did open????

karstic said:
Told you so!! Aren't Silverton and the San Juans awesome!! Why do you think we're going back this summer for All4Fun. Want to join us?

Like I haven't ever traveled before. I know Colarado is nice, just haven't wheeled there before. Didn't spend as much time as I would have liked to. I would like to do All 4 Fun but I have to do some things so I can travel for an extended period of time.

jmaxj said:
mike, it was great wish i could have done more wheelin with you guys but i kinda needed money to play so had to work.

BTW: almost got the full kokapelli thing figured out:D

It's always fun to go wheeling with you (interesting things happen like broken steering box bolts on Ecalator :D). Tell Justin I'll be back to collect that home cooked meal sometime. I understand the work thing even though I am trying stop doing it.

Send me the information when you get it all figured out.

drifto77 said:
Looks like you had a BLAST!!!
I rode the DSNGRR a few years ago.
FANTASTIC RIDE!!!!!!

Look familar?

Yup. Here's a photo from a different angle of it the first time I saw it back in October 2003. It was fun to ride the train but I need to go back sometime when it goes all the way to Silverton (missed it by a week or two, only goes up to Cascade Canyon). Also someone else told me about this one that goes from New Mexico to Colorado. http://www.cumbrestoltec.com/index.php

standard.jpg

Starscream918 said:
That's what I'm thinking. Is he still alive?

Not really sure. The stories I hear range from being released to dying on the way to the hospital. I do know that his head was touching the ground and had amnesia after being pulled from the vehicle. The Ford had at one time a sunroof which was removed and covered by plywood. On the first roll it fell out along with the windshield. When the roof crushed and came to rest on top his head was against the ground. It was through this sunroof opening that they pulled him out of. I can only assume he was pushed down to the floor.

MJR said:
Not really sure. The stories I hear range from being released to dying on the way to the hospital. I do know that his head was touching the ground and had amnesia after being pulled from the vehicle. The Ford had at one time a sunroof which was removed and covered by plywood. On the first roll it fell out along with the windshield. When the roof crushed and came to rest on top his head was against the ground. It was through this sunroof opening that they pulled him out of. I can only assume he was pushed down to the floor.
That makes me want to cage mine right now.

Back