• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Back from Moab and some photos are up

VegasAnthony

NAXJA Forum User
Had a great time guys thanx so much for the run ,, cant wait for next year.. I think I ll go with a cabin instead of the tent though:)
Ill post the rest when I get them back(they arent digital)
oh sorry for the blurry ones:( http://www.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?UV=629082282762_92417822603&US=0&collid=76595822603

Hey Anthony, glad to hear you guys had a great time and that you made it home okay. It was good to meet you both and hope to see you on the trails again.

Tom

Back home too

I'm back in wonderfull Wisconsin. The trip home was wonderfully uneventfull. I made it home in record time, left 9:00am Sat Moab time, got home at 2:30pm Sun WI time. That's almost 5 hrs ahead of schedule!!!

I hade a great time as always! Thanks for all the hard work of those who put this all together, and also to the trail guides that made the trails so much fun.

Looking forward to next year. Hope to see you all and more there then.

B-loose

Bob, you must have driven straight through. I ain't that young any more.......

Deb & I rolled out of Slickrock CG around 11:00 AM Saturday, stopped in Ogallala, NE for the night, and rolled back in to the Chicago area around 11:00 PM Sunday.

It was a very good week. Discovered I've been dating a closet Jeep chick. Life is GOOD!

ChiXJeff

Wow, what a great trip and what a great group of people to wheel with!
I'm sad it had to end.
I left Moab at about 7:45 on Sunday and headed west on HWY50. Stoped in Delta Utah, Ely Nevada, and Carson City Nevada. Made it back here to S.F. at about 10:15. What a drive!
I can't wait till next year.

Jes

Carol and I made it home around 5pm Sunday, a short drive for us, luckily.

Great to see all our friends and meet new ones, we always have a good time. We look forward to a great event next year for the 20th anniversary.

[quote:9438070c3c="FarmerMatt"]All I have to say is you guys suck. The whole trip should have been reschedualed because I was not able to make it!!

Glad you guys had a good time. How many XJ's were there this year?

Matt[/quote:9438070c3c]

Listen Mr-I-booked-a-reservation-at-KOA-while-the-rest-of-NAXJA-is-at-Slickrock-Campground:

We checked into the KOA and wondered why there were no other XJs around. Jeni neglected to tell us that we were at an alternate campground, but fortunately KOA refunded the rest of the week and we checked into the Slickrock. We still owe you your deposit back.

Marni and I left Moab at 9AM Sat and made it back to Sacto at 11PM. 15 hours with the time change. 8.5 MPG in the Tundra.

Cannot wait to get the pics back.

SeanP

[quote:431e7acb33="FarmerMatt"]All I have to say is you guys suck. The whole trip should have been reschedualed because I was not able to make it!!

Matt[/quote:431e7acb33]
yea we missed you too ;)

Sean, they had some great shots of you on your side on escelator at action shots :eek:

[quote:1950b89c09="borton"][quote:1950b89c09="FarmerMatt"]All I have to say is you guys suck. The whole trip should have been reschedualed because I was not able to make it!!

Matt[/quote:1950b89c09]
yea we missed you too ;)

Sean, they had some great shots of you on your side on escelator at action shots :eek:[/quote:1950b89c09]

What;s action shots? Is that a web site?

SeanP

I had a great time and still am :p , I'm still in Moab. I'm leaving for New Mexico to do some job hunting and to check out some Anasazi ruins with MJR in tow. I'll get him to forsake all material possessions yet :twisted:. I'll have to train him to travel without an ice chest though. He can't become a permanant wanderer with that tentacle of civilization still wrapped around his leg.

I've got some pictures to post but the hard part is finding someplace to do it. Most places are so worried about getting a virus that they won't let you hook ANYTHING to their computer. :(

[quote:c3c51bfa31="FarmerMatt"]All I have to say is you guys suck. The whole trip should have been reschedualed because I was not able to make it!!

Matt[/quote:c3c51bfa31]

Matt, better to suck than to not make it to Moab.......harvest schmarvest, what if we move the event date into September next year??

There were 50+ XJ's show up during the week, and for the most part, the event was carnage/damage free.....if you don't count a snapped axle or two, several flops by a certain once pristine green RE longarmed XJ, a fragged 242 mainshaft (better than a complete engine overhaul the year before), an autorotating D44 housing, some bent tierods, axle joints, flat tires, and a cracked Mopar bugshield (wah!).
And on a side note, an XJ with an Auburn in the rear can make it appoximately 1/2 way up Hells Gate in 2wd Low, but from there things get a little sketchy......4Low is a much better choice. Long arms with no limiting straps tend to struggle in Mickeys Hottub, as do heavy footed wheelhoppers from AZ, but not nearly as much as tail heavy sandrails.......roll cage passed with honors, all fingers intact.
You can fit 4 Jeeps on Gemini Bridges...maybe even 5, folks from Chicago don't know West from East, Nazi's make angry Jeepers, building a trackbar with stuff found at Home Depot might be a problem, chasing wild geese in the Strike Ravine area gets old....fast, onboard welders rock, onboard air blows.....in a good way, Wookies are easy to teach slickrock driving skills, when chasing Germans through the desert.....leave the windows up, flatulant vetranarians should be left alone and downwind, 3.2 beer makes the visitors whine, portable CB's grow legs if left unattended, thieves should be throttled until limp, roasted Rusty tastes bad, it's easy to lead many followers, but hard to follow too many leaders, JJ smells like Playdough, inbreeders in rental Jeeps are fun to watch, "honey, look what I whittled".......Sean's folks are cool and his junk works pretty good, cell coverage in Moab blows, it's better to be lucky than good, if your gonna be stupid......then you'd better be tough and a bad day wheeling is still better than a good day at work.

If you didn't make it this year, then get yourself scheduled for next year's event cause it will be even better!

XJEEPER

[quote:134b267e19="SeanP"]What;s action shots? Is that a web site?

SeanP[/quote:134b267e19]
no, its a little photo shop in moab, they sent a guy out on escelator and tip over challenge while we were out there, not sure if they have a web site or not tho.

XJEEPER summed it up pretty damn well. Lot's of inside jokes. Not too much carnage considering all the stupid pedal being used. Who is XJEEPER, anyway?

SeanP

Jeff

That's pretty funny!

Handlebars,

Keep him (MJR) out there for a while.

To all,

Had a great time in MOAB with all you guys. The weather was spectacular!!

We need to find an XJ for Hagen to drive the next time.

Yes those pics of Beezil's axle need posting, along with his award.

mark
orgs mfg

I just got home safely tonight. I took my mom to see some of Colorado's beauty on the way home.

I think X summed it up very well. Once again I had an awesome time wheeling with the NAXJA guys and can't wait to go again only next time I'll be much better prepared (dual lockers).

Thanks to Jeff, Mark and Sean for their excellent trail leading on the trails I went on, Beezil and Chewy for the great job cooking, Troy and Shari for all the video work (if you need help editing, let me know when) and everyone involved with making this a great event,...again.

Here's a suggestion for leaving this forum up for ideas and planning for next years event.

Crunch

Whillting While You Wheel

That's my next book! That chick had a 6" buck knife in her hand while her mullet sport'in dude ramed that rental into every rock on the back side of Hells Revenge. I couldn't stop laughing at them!!!

As for PlayDooh...XJeeper...your rig really does smell like it.

Re: Whillting While You Wheel

[quote:46cde35884="JohnJohn"]That's my next book! That chick had a 6" buck knife in her hand while her mullet sport'in dude ramed that rental into every rock on the back side of Hells Revenge. I couldn't stop laughing at them!!!

As for PlayDooh...XJeeper...your rig really does smell like it.[/quote:46cde35884]

Hey Gigglepants, you might want to run the title through the spell checker before it hits the presses.........
You should include a photo of the gal hacking away on a stick while Cletus proceeded to ram the rear diff of the rental into rock after rock........Farabee's might have been interested in that as well.

As for the PD smell, it wasn't there before you were.....could be days before it's completely gone.... :roll:

[quote:b679131fe6="SeanP"]XJEEPER summed it up pretty damn well. Lot's of inside jokes. Not too much carnage considering all the stupid pedal being used. Who is XJEEPER, anyway?

SeanP[/quote:b679131fe6]

Who is XJEEPER?......He looks a lot like Jeff Turner :wink:

[quote:674cd52f7b="XJEEPER"][quote:674cd52f7b="SeanP"]XJEEPER summed it up pretty damn well. Lot's of inside jokes. Not too much carnage considering all the stupid pedal being used. Who is XJEEPER, anyway?

SeanP[/quote:674cd52f7b]

Who is XJEEPER?......He looks a lot like Jeff Turner :wink:[/quote:674cd52f7b]

tough to keep all the NAXJA handles and real names straight in my book.

SeanP

Back