• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAC Project Planning Meeting

Lawn Cher'

NAXJA Forum User
Joe has suggested that we hold an in-person planning meeting for the up-coming NAXJA-NAC MJ-EXT project. I am of the opinion that we should wait until after NAC-Fest to start work on the project, but I think a planning session beforehand would be a great thing to do in order to make sure the project moves ahead smoothly.

I'd like to get an idea as to when would be a good time for everyone to meet, and where would be a good central location for everyone, so please post where you will be coming from.

Thanks!

-Mark, from southern NJ

I would be very interested in attending. I might be able to make it the weekend of 5 April, I cannot make it the weekend of 29 March or 12 April, and I should be able to make it the weekend of 19 April.

Since I'm coming south (west) from Connecticut, actually Mahwah would be more or less central between me and Lawncher'.

Mahwah is ok with me I am sure we could have a meeting at my firehouse I would need to ask in advance. So if you guys have a date in mind I will check with the company. But it is usually not a problem with a date. Or Hooters in paramus sounds good to!!!

I don't expect a cast of thousands at this session. Why not just meet at your shop so we can scope out the prospective work area as well as discuss plans and ideas?

I think April 19 would be good, maybe a lunch meeting would be pleasant. How's that sound for everyone? Maybe Joe can post some directions to his shop...

That sounds okay at this point. I had a commitment for that weekend, but the other party changed her plans.

The date sounds ok so far but I will need to double check. I am in the middle of a few projects right now and I would rather meet at a place where we can all sit down draw and design our project like civil human beings. But if that is not important to anyone else than I guess we'll do it. I can give a better answer for the date on monday.
I will advise you all. How many people in attendance ?

Attendance Roster:

Lawn Cher' (Mark)
Eagle (Harwood)
RockReadyXJ (Joe)
? Gearwhine (Nick)
? CheapXJ (Ryan)

Please reply if you intend to attend, or are at least tentatively considering it...

Sounds like something I may be interested, ive said before, im kinda out the loop on technical crap, but hey, Ive got nothing better to do, and Ill be in Mahwah on the 11th I think...comming from Trenton.

I think we should post-pone this... I have to take Jen to a doctor's appointment on Saturday and won't be able to make the meeting.

Just to throw another idea out there, I've considered using a 4-door chassis rather than a 2-door for the cab portion of the MJ-EXT. I've been thinking about external storage cabinets below and behind the rear doors to fill in the area in the wheel-wells.

Mark, it's really your project, so the meeting should be set to fit your schedule. We were talking about April 19 -- that's the date you have the conflict? How about the saturday following?

For the purpose you have in mind for the finished vehicle, I think a 4-door would be far more practical. You'll be making a crew cab Comanche, which I think would be much more useful than a 2-door with a lot of space behind the front seats.

I can't make any 100% commitments

Gotta check into transportation issues too (unless it happens sometime in June, then I'll have wheels again ;) )

I think we can hold off until after NAC-Fest... weekends are at a premium right now.

Back