• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A huge thanks!

MoabXJeeper

NAXJA Member #1398
I want to send out a big thanks to Derek, Tracy, and Jay for getting me off Gold Bar after breaking. I know there are lots of pics and a video, some of which I am sure will be posted later. Bottom line is I am real happy to be back in Salt Lake and I want all three of these guys to know how much I appreciate them sacrificing all day Sunday to get my heep fixed!

It was just a little break!!!!
As far as helping ya out... thats whats friends are for. Glad ya made it home.

100_0177.jpg

reddevil said:
no pun intended? :D

Ok, this pic makes way more sense now!! I spoke with Derek on Sun morning and he said something about sector shaft on the tcase. I've been scratching my head since trying to figure out what was broken! Now.. this makes sense.

Btw Derek: this event seems to have been tough on steering boxes!

Kejtar said:

Ok, this pic makes way more sense now!! I spoke with Derek on Sun morning and he said something about sector shaft on the tcase. I've been scratching my head since trying to figure out what was broken! Now.. this makes sense.

i never said anything about a tcase, and yes this event didn't like alot of steering setups or gear boxes

glad you made it home von let me know if the parts stores up there wont do anything about the box i'll talk to clark and see what can be worked out
IMG_0307.jpg

MANual steering
IMG_0300.jpg

Last edited:
Kejtar said:

I got mine out of the way before I came :D The Saturday before Moab I snapped off two bolts in the steering box.

Ben Hanks Racing is making one for me. He uses TFlex ends. Its gonna be around $140. I should pick it up today. I had to go to Currie for the upper drag link end and a new boot for the lower drag link end as it is cast into the drag link, another $60.

Back