• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SRT8 Seats -- will they fit?

Heavyopp

NAXJA Forum User
Found fairly local craigslist add (hour away) for Grand cherokee SRT8 seats -- says fits grand cherokee 2005 - 2010

I've never seen srt8 seats in person -- Any chance they'll fit in an XJ with some seat bracket fabrication?

Thoughts?

I've never seen anyone put WK seats into an XJ. Id say give it a try and let all of us know. The WK is considerably wider than the XJ, so there is a chance that the seats will be too wide to fit between the door and console. Also, I'm certain the rear seats won't fit. The WK has a one piece fold forward seat while the XJ has a two piece rear seat.

Tons of people have put ZJ seats into an XJ. That might be your better options. Having owned 3 XJs, 2 ZJs, a WJ, a WKII, and an XK, I will tell you that the single most comfortable Jeep seat I've ever had was the cloth seat in the 96 ZJ. You can get those seats from any 96-98 ZJ.

How much?

Based on what I see them go for you could get nice suspension seats

Asking $600 -- conveniently hidden in the pictures is the drivers side lower cushion -- from what you can see there is definite wear on the drivers lower cushion -- from getting in and out

I asked for a picture of the side of the seat -- see if I get it

They're not a deal at $600 especially considering the rear seat is most likely useless

I was just inquiring -- saw them on Craigs -- peaked my interest a little

This may or may not help you visualize it. These things almost scraped the interior trim panels on my WK.

20151230204951-d8a70baa-me.jpg

I just measured my XJ seat and my WKII seat. The WKII seat is about 2-2.5" wider.

My XJ is a 2001 model - you don't specify your model year - and I can tell you the WKII seats brace diagonally into the floor while the XJ seats brace vertically to a cross brace.

Consider also, the XJ you have is likely manual adjustment. The SRT8 seats will be power adjustment. Unless you can wire those seats to work in your XJ, adjusting the seats will not be an option.

So, unless you can find 4 - 5 inches of extra space in the front cabin, can make the XJ seat brackets fit on the SRT8 seats, and can wire up the seat electronics, I have my doubts.

I thought all the seat electronics where built into the seat -- Just give it power and ground...

I'm over it already -- they look nice, they look comfortable, they are heated -- but it's a pretty pricey gamble at what they sell for

I'd be better off fitting them in my suburban

Thanks again for the input

By the way, just signed up for a 2 year membership -- way to much info on this site to not support it financially

THANK YOU very much for supporting the club!

David Bricker / SYR

Not exactly what you asked, but i will also say that ZJ seats are some of the most comfortable.
I know a former member even used the same set in both of his late model dodge ram 3500's since he loved them so much.

Not exactly what you asked, but i will also say that ZJ seats are some of the most comfortable.
I know a former member even used the same set in both of his late model dodge ram 3500's since he loved them so much.

Wished I would have known that a few months ago -- I got my replacement motor out of a 98 grand -- little old lady owned, with 27,000 miles -- crashed

I bet those seats where pristine -- I never even looked

Back