• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

last question for a while(I promise)

00xj

NAXJA Forum User
On d30, with the front d-shaft off, if you grab the pinion yoke and try to turn it should it move when the jeep is on the ground? How much play is there in the ring/gear and axles and stuff.

thanks

No, the front diff is engaged all the time since the elimination of the vac disconnect around 90 or so. However, if you do manage to turn yours with it on the ground and not get run over remind me never to get in an arm wrestling bet with you :D

There might be a slight amount of rotation but not much. If you are getting much up/down/side-side movement in the yoke or much rotation I would check the gear and bearing set up. As I stated in your other post, I was getting a lot of vibes in my front driveline I thought was due to my T-case.
When I had my new gears put in up front I lost what I thought was a bit of normal play in the pinion yoke and most of my vibes went with it.

Bones :skull1:

Yeah, right 00xj, you and that guy in Fremont, always breaking stuff. You guys must be really hard on the gear!!
Could it be you guys got "defective jeeps'?
Built on the friday before Christmas shutdown??:D

Shoot that guy wont even drive down a dirt road any more, he says his Jeep is afraid of dirt. I know, that guy is crazy. I bet he will have that thing entirely rebuilt in two more years. I know he wants that "clicking" distibutor replaced someday.

I bet it was built on the first day after the Super Bowl and the people who built it were all hung over so bad they didn't know what they were doing.
"Hey Fred does this piece go in the Jeep or the Van?"

Oh well it keeps my life "intresting"

Back