• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Identify these sway bar disconnects?

Shadowex275

NAXJA Forum User
9bf20efe579b33bfb1f3fdedd02d6322.jpg

I may have made a great find at my local Pick-N-Pull. I found these on the only XJ in the lot but they are not a sway bar disconnect design I recognize from when I was shopping for disconnects in the past.

They have a Heim joint at the top that attaches to a flat bracket that attaches to the OE sway bar. The bottom uses the usual quick release pin common on most sway bar disconnects.

I went ahead and grabbed them up. I’m just curious if anyone is familiar with this design and knows who made them and if they are any good. Looks like a good design to me but I figure I’d ask the community before I installed them on my XJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are gen 2 rubicon express. circa 2005 ish.

you're better off buying JKS ones, those were a PITA.

They are gen 2 rubicon express. circa 2005 ish.

you're better off buying JKS ones, those were a PITA.

Quite agreed. I grew tired of the re gen 2s , I did however choose RE copy of the jks for cost savings.

O.p. they'll work fine but I suggest loc tite all fasteners liberaly and get used to oiling the heims.

Quite agreed. I grew tired of the re gen 2s , I did however choose RE copy of the jks for cost savings.

O.p. they'll work fine but I suggest loc tite all fasteners liberaly and get used to oiling the heims.

Agreed. I lost pieces of these on my 94 all the time

They fall apart. It doesn't matter how much loctite and torque wrench you apply, you can't stop the hardware from constantly falling out.

The rod end is metal on metal design so it wears out and clunks like crazy. If you swap the rod ends out of a lined unit they will last longer and quieter. Really it comes down to cost overall.

Okay, thanks guys. I appreciate the information. I though they looked like a cool design but it makes sense now why I don't see heim joint sway bar disconnects on the market anymore. So much for my great junk yard find.

wouldnt call them great, but if you dont have any currently Grab them for now! why not right. they arent the greatest for a few good reasons, but they function lol.

Jy part like that should be dang cheap to, at least youd have them until you can put good money on something should you like to.

wouldnt call them great, but if you dont have any currently Grab them for now! why not right. they arent the greatest for a few good reasons, but they function lol.

Jy part like that should be dang cheap to, at least youd have them until you can put good money on something should you like to.

Yeah, I definitely grabbed them up when I was there and they only billed me for "tie rod ends" at $10 total.

I'm running OE sway bar ends without quick disconnects currently. I'll give these a try next time I'm working on my font end and swap these in for a bit and see how they do until I break down and spend the money on a set of JKS.

Haven't been on here in a while but careful running those. Had a set myself and they bent on me. RE wouldnt do anything about them with me even working at 4wp. They redid them shortly after I bent mine into a S just by going into a parking lot.

Back