• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

commando d44

fom_ska

NAXJA Forum User
My D35 went out and I got a line on some commando parts, guy said that it has a D44 and D25. He didn't say whether or not the D44 was in the front or rear, but did say that the D44 is center diff and the D25 is passenger side. But both have the same gear ratio as my Cherokee. Wondering if it, D44 (assuming it is a rear D44) would fit and if it is a lot more than bolt in.

fom_ska said:
My D35 went out and I got a line on some commando parts, guy said that it has a D44 and D25. He didn't say whether or not the D44 was in the front or rear, but did say that the D44 is center diff and the D25 is passenger side. But both have the same gear ratio as my Cherokee. Wondering if it, D44 (assuming it is a rear D44) would fit and if it is a lot more than bolt in.

I would assume the 44 is rear because of the center drop diff... 25 front... as for whether it's bolt on... :dunno:

IIRC the C101 uses a narrow D44 and it is a low spline count.

Verify but I don't think it is a desirable choice.

Root Moose said:
IIRC the C101 uses a narrow D44 and it is a low spline count.

Verify but I don't think it is a desirable choice.
Correctamundo. Jeepster axles are about 10" too narrow to work on an XJ.

CMNCHE said:
I believe Spidertrax has spacers to correct that.
LOL

Shooting for "inboard" brakes?

Back