• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Collision resulting in a steady radiator leak.

GoBlue

NAXJA Forum User
I hit a car going, lets say 25mph. Airbags deployed, bumper fell off. Other than that, every things OKish except the radiator leaks a lot.

I think its coming from the passenger side, on the top near the hose, but it also mainly drips from the radiator in the center (this is while running only). Either way, the most antifreeze is located near my battery, and the ground.

What should I be checking for right away, then whats the next step if its not simple. I am really comfortable with my jeeps mechanics, but I don't know how to diagnose or repair a radiator.

Should I just get a new one?

Anything helps, because I can't drive the thing without it overheating.

Thank you.

pull it and take it to a local radiator repair shop, they will let you know if its repairable, or needs to be replaced.

If its more than 5 years old, I would just get a new one

I hit a car going, lets say 25mph. Airbags deployed, bumper fell off. Other than that, every things OKish except the radiator leaks a lot.

I think its coming from the passenger side, on the top near the hose, but it also mainly drips from the radiator in the center (this is while running only). Either way, the most antifreeze is located near my battery, and the ground.

What should I be checking for right away, then whats the next step if its not simple. I am really comfortable with my jeeps mechanics, but I don't know how to diagnose or repair a radiator.

Should I just get a new one?

Anything helps, because I can't drive the thing without it overheating.

Thank you.

A new radiator is like 85$ and takes like an hour and a half to install.

Back