NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Chapters > Colorado Chapter
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Colorado Chapter Discussion of Chapter issues. Please keep Tech Topics on the Tech Forums.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 144 votes, 4.89 average. Display Modes
Old July 7th, 2018, 19:49
NAXJA Member

The Colorado BS thread

i was thinking that might be the case. i can't imagine rusty burnt coolant is very good at conducting heat

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Old July 8th, 2018, 13:03
NAXJA# 2091

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Old coolant, water cools just like new coolant/water. The heat transfer properties of water do not change. Trash blocking the inlet the tubes has a huge effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-jay vision View Post
i was thinking that might be the case. i can't imagine rusty burnt coolant is very good at conducting heat

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
34 MPG , '85 2WD Cherokee Pioneer with custom installed, 64 hp, 2.2 L Nissan SD22 Diesel 5 spd Manual; & 4 Renix XJs, '87 Wagoneer 4.0, 4WD, 89-Cherokee, 4WD, '87 Cherokee 2WD, & '89 Cherokee Pioneer 2WD, all 4dr. #2091
Old July 8th, 2018, 13:05
NAXJA# 2091

Yep! And for some sad but true coming relief, I had to share this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittrell View Post
Probably has more to due with flushing the old crap out and putting new stuff in than the RP Ice.
34 MPG , '85 2WD Cherokee Pioneer with custom installed, 64 hp, 2.2 L Nissan SD22 Diesel 5 spd Manual; & 4 Renix XJs, '87 Wagoneer 4.0, 4WD, 89-Cherokee, 4WD, '87 Cherokee 2WD, & '89 Cherokee Pioneer 2WD, all 4dr. #2091
Old July 10th, 2018, 13:07
NAXJA Member

I'd better act fast and call the number left on my phone messaging so I don't go to jail for owing a large sum of money to the IRS ... who actually thinks the IRS contacts them through a garbled phone message and wants only paid through prepaid cards and other types of wire services ...lol
Old July 10th, 2018, 18:15
NAXJA# 2091

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-tonxj View Post
I'd better act fast and call the number left on my phone messaging so I don't go to jail for owing a large sum of money to the IRS ... who actually thinks the IRS contacts them through a garbled phone message and wants only paid through prepaid cards and other types of wire services ...lol
LOL
Old July 11th, 2018, 14:49
NAXJA Member

IMG_20180711_1875.jpg

Despite being sold as is for cheap I am still going to put these new badges on since they showed up while I still have the Jeep here .
Old July 11th, 2018, 19:59
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-tonxj View Post
Attachment 6276

Despite being sold as is for cheap I am still going to put these new badges on since they showed up while I still have the Jeep here .
What a swell guy, Make sure they aren't crooked!
Old July 11th, 2018, 20:52
NAXJA Member

Quote:
What a swell guy, Make sure they aren't crooked!
Yeah the thing is the "buyer" seems to be taking awhile to produce the cash . I was going to recharge the A/C last week I drove it but decided I'm putting way too much nickle and dime stuff into it plus my time into a vehicle I'm not selling at a price to justify the cost .
Old July 12th, 2018, 10:28
NAXJA Member

Sounds like what I did! Swapped out the exhaust, new o2 sensors, swapped the entire interior, put the suspension back to stock, replaced the wheels and tires, all new door seals, replaced the battery cables and then sold it for what I bought it for. Basically threw away a few grand, I hate Jeeps.
Old July 13th, 2018, 04:31
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Sounds like what I did! Swapped out the exhaust, new o2 sensors, swapped the entire interior, put the suspension back to stock, replaced the wheels and tires, all new door seals, replaced the battery cables and then sold it for what I bought it for. Basically threw away a few grand, I hate Jeeps.
The real issue is the buyers as you have folks shopping a 20 year old Jeep at $1000 who think they are shopping the lot for $65k new WK. It's constant email questions from tires to mileage...a/c to the radio ...lol...on a $1000 dollar vehicle a reasonable buyer should expect it to have short comings...if not start shopping Ralph Schomp .
Old July 13th, 2018, 18:03
NAXJA Member

Drove the Jeep to work today...it's been doing this cool thing where it intermittently pukes a bunch of oil out of the dipstick tube. It sits a lot now and I think it's got a ring sticking sometimes. Got a few things to try tho. I'll recheck the ccv system and I have some leftover cleaner from doing g 5.3s that you dump in the cylinder and soak for 3 hrs to clean the rings so I might give that a shot. Itd be really nice to get like 1-2 more years out the engine haha
Old Yesterday, 19:07
NAXJA Member

Should have listed the 42s for 2,000 with the allieds ...lol...cause now I gotta bust em off early tomorrow before dropping them off with the buyer. Gotta pull trigger on a set of rubbers ...43sx...42 treps........sticky Jack stands ?