• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

*Weekend Performance Upgrades*

cpolish24

NAXJA Forum User
I Wanted to post up my Saterday morning performance upgrades on my 96 XJ

-New Performance TiG Exhaust Manifold\
-Helix Throtle Body Spacer
-MSD 8.5 Ignition Wires
-Accel Ignition Coil
-Mopar 02 Sensor

IMG_1098.jpg

-I started with the manifold

Old cracked manifold-
IMG_1094.jpg

IMG_1096.jpg

IMG_1097.jpg

New Preformance Manifold-
IMG_1099.jpg

Install-
IMG_1102.jpg

IMG_1104.jpg

-Then I moved to the Helix throtle body spacer

IMG_1105.jpg

IMG_1107.jpg

-After that I moved to the MSD Ignition Wires and the Accel Coil

Stock wires and coil-
IMG_1109.jpg

IMG_1112.jpg

New wires and coil-
IMG_1110.jpg

IMG_1114.jpg

-Last I installed the o2 sensor.

It runs great!! :clap:

Keep your old coil handy, I had an Accel coil on my 96 and Afew people said beware and I said naw its a good unit, a year later it left me stranded

Keep your old coil handy, I had an Accel coil on my 96 and Afew people said beware and I said naw its a good unit, a year later it left me stranded

Yep! I've heard that to, thats why I keep it in my tool box in the back of the XJ. But thanks anyways!

i like that manifold, good idea with the flex fittings. if i can find another APN ill be putting a flex fitting in the down pipe to reduce stress on the exhaust

Last edited:
Yeah that Accel let me down as well @ the year mark. I got screwed on a blown Jacob's years ago, so I guess all I have left to try out is the MSD.

I didn't think Jeeps had PCV valves, rather CCV lines.

You are right, but that way everyone understands what I was replacing, Mine fell apart!, and the rubber gromit that seals it is oil soaked and deterialted (it also has a small crack in the top).

Back