• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Short arms

been on short arms with drop brackets for a quite a few years. I too have have been hung up exactly one. While trying to back up and out of trail with a buddy hooked to my winch line.

I have slammed them on ledges and drop offs more than a few times, but am always able to drive them off the ledge. Flex great, but I would encourage anyone putting them on a stock rig to push the axle forward about an inch with adjustable arms, the axle has a tendency to rotate under the rig instead of straight down. unavoidable with short arms, but pushing it forward will keep tires out of the body.

great stepping stone to bigger lifts with more involved suspension components.

I have around 4" of lift already. Whatever I do, I do want to push the axle forward about an inch or so. I don't like how close the tires get to my already trimmed fender at full turn.

I've thought about raising arms on axle end and run them almost level at ride height would take some doing though to do that

That's the whole point. I wouldn't run the Ruffstuff arms unless is was a trail/race rig, but if your doing that then you need to be running some form of LA's.

I've thought about raising arms on axle end and run them almost level at ride height would take some doing though to do that

Too much effing around.

RE9900 drop brackets are on $127 on Amazon.

Would definitely take some doing. Ut would have arms tucked high tight and level. Could push axle forward a few inches at the same time.

Could run factory coil. Raise its mount a few inches along with the control arm mounts.

Lol yes lots of effing around to do it. Could turn it in a kit though

The SA/LA debate has been going for 20 years! I'm firmly on the "A properly set up Short arm will preform about the same as most Long arms AND provide you with better clearance".

I've seen way more people high centered on their Long arm mounts than their short arm drop brackets. We have two rigs, one with each setup. Both ride and flex great.

Build it, wheel it, have fun.

How does this not affect the angle of the coils?
It does bow the coils slightly. I'll be using offset coil buckets when I build my 44 so I can push it forward around 2" and still have the coils sit vertically and not bow.

Make sure spring retainers are in food shape and you'll be fine.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Everyone goes long arm because it's the cool thing to brag that you.
Those same guys that watch me crawl by them my xj barely lifted short arms think it's some kinda long armed expensive rig. Nope just alittle lift lots of fender cutting welded rear. Idle through most or just enough throttle to keep moving

Back