• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

adjustable shocks

EricT

NAXJA Forum User
who besides rancho and procomp make adjustable valve shocks? Anyone have any experience with the procomps? Trying to keep the price under a $100 each.

TIA

Rusty sells them now, not sure who makes them

I love my Rancho's and they are a "Lifetime" warranty at about $75 each.

Ditto on my RS9000's, they're great.

I give another thumbs up for RS9000x's. They are great. I haven't seen Rusty's up close. But his reg. shocks are made by Monroe, these could be made by them as well. They are cheap in price around 65. Juice

http://www.tenneco-automotive.com/overview/brands.html

Monroe=Rancho
If you look at the adjuster housing for Rusty's adjustables they are identical to the housings used on Rancho adjustable shocks. I bet all the air gauges and stuff work too.
There is even an aftermarket for rancho 9000s, you can get remote resivoirs and the like if you had a need for something like a coilover but not enough cash.

But yeah, I have 9000s and they rock.

WASTE OF MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!! but just my opion! i would rather spen my money and lift and axles and stuff like that!

stoney

I personally do not like the 9000's but if I were to get a adjustable valved shock I would consider the new monotube shocks that are adjustable.

Michael

Stoney said:
WASTE OF MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!! but just my opion! i would rather spen my money and lift and axles and stuff like that!

stoney

I have all that already, just doing this in the front since I no long have a sway bar.

Cranking them up on the trail is great too, it controls your axles noticeably through ruts ledges and anyother time your wheel comes down quickly off of something. They arent really a replacement for a swaybar, but they do help out a lot with body roll.

Lucas said:
They arent really a replacement for a swaybar, but they do help out a lot with body roll.

Yeah, I know, but they are better than nothing.

Back