• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My half doors

Evan03

NAXJA Forum User
Or whatever they are.

Started by making full doors removable then making doors on parts jeep move over to be 1/2 doors.

I have both driver doors gutted and ready, tomorrow will get passenger front door stripped and ready. Not worry about rear doors for awhile.

Think this cut works for me though wondering about going lower. But that well be below seat height.

Stay where I cut it or go lower?

This will probly be a week or two project.
Will be weld heavy project but worth it I think.

d4916351c8cabbefa9baa215f9cc71c1.jpg
8fee073cfacc0722704713b378c05fac.jpg
5360311bfab0806b6f8003257f760178.jpg
0c6c27ac140212e048867790c550dbac.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Looks good man. That is a crap ton of spot welds lol

I gotta ask though... and this isn't specific to you of course... but why half doors over tube doors?

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk

I can see the advantage of materials that are more readily available and require less effort to mount and latch.

Probably less mud getting into the vehicle too.

IMHO these look more appropriate to an XJ.

Why half doors at all? Just curious. What is the advantage, if any?

I see some people doing it, other than perhaps a coolness factor, what's the reason(s).

Thanks.
I did think about making tube doors but I payed 180 bucks for my last 20ft tube. Thst and I havent seen tube doors that look good to me.

This was labor intensive but easy. Latch works great and body lines match up.
Tube looks out of place. Id have to reinvent latch and hinges.

Wheres rcp been latly? he hasnt told me my stuff will fall apart in awhile. Im tacking sheet metal to 10gauge with rcp in my head saying thatl never work.

Passenger door should go faster.

Getting lots of looks from everyone even some head turners

Went out for a quick dirt test. Visibility is amazing and man this thing is so much quiter going down the rd and trail.

Im definitely happy I almost never roll Windows up in the summer. Shoulda done this sooner.

Kinda digging the rusted white door color to
0cb23593f0e1f282a34cb89f9e73affa.jpg

I used to think it was just the coolness factor but its more than that.
Improved visibility, no glass for trees and rocks to break, door is noticably lighter, and yes because its cool and I can.

The little bit I ran in 4low I noticed you are up close and Personal with the outside. Kinda the utv feel.

I see jeeps with no doors, cheesy looking tube doors, or (whats the word anak) 1/2 doors that look like hell.

I guess mostly cause its cool

I used to think it was just the coolness factor but its more than that.
Improved visibility, no glass for trees and rocks to break, door is noticably lighter, and yes because its cool and I can.

The little bit I ran in 4low I noticed you are up close and Personal with the outside. Kinda the utv feel.

I see jeeps with no doors, cheesy looking tube doors, or (whats the word anak) 1/2 doors that look like hell.

I guess mostly cause its cool

Right on. Looks good and a nice design. Very unique! I prefer to have windows, but those do look sharp! I also like them better than half or tube doors.

I run doorless a lot here in TN. I love the visibility! I also built a set of tube doors out of emt lol super light and will keep me in. I'm sure someone will have plenty to say about emt conduit bahahaha

I could see using tube as basically a roll bar for the doors. I could also see if you cut out the bottom section, while leaving in a cross section or bar. Then put in a section of Plexiglas to prevent mud etc. getting in.

Thanks.
I did think about making tube doors but I payed 180 bucks for my last 20ft tube.

That point right there is huge right now.

I paid $190 for a 12' piece of 1"x3" x .120 rectangular tubing a month or so ago. Probably even higher today.

Reciept should have come with one of those "I did that" stickers.

Ill build some shit outa emt. Those are some great ideas, the gears are turning.

I havent bought in awhile fixed a bucket the other day scroungeing. Its a shame we allowed it to get like this.

Looks great man! I hope you was enjoying a cold one while you sat there and admired your work!

Thank you.
Was sitting there wondering what to do.
Got to thinking about why to do this, xj is 6 or 8 years with me,think I do things to keep myself interested in her.. Give it some new Ness.

Ended up rounding up tools and headed towards Utah my buddy broke down coming back with a skidsteer he bought in provo. Turned into a late night.

Back