• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Xj sye kit

If your sure about your numbers then you either have a bad driveshaft or your SYE is junk!

Add your new planetary to the list.

Well I figured out the problem being a dummy. When I installed the driveshaft I put the caps on wrong the u joint was moving inside the carrier. I checked it out no vibration. I haven’t driven it yet gonna do that tomorrow it’s on empty right now don’t feel like walking

And I found another used driveshaft on marketplace cheap i installed it should be good to go. Do you know where I could get specialty parts for the xj? Do they have a magazine that has all the parts for that Jeep? I need a harness for my blower heater. It shorted out and would like to find a good one. I yanked one out of a salvage but it was almost as bad

When you say "harness for my blower heater" do you mean the plug on the back side of the switch for the HVAC controls on the dash? If yes, then you need to look for another donor vehicle in the junkyard. I have found good ones in Renix era XJs. The H.O. years all seem to be bad.

The other thing to do is to add 4 relays--one for each fan speed. That takes the bulk of the current off the switch. Get used to doing things like that. XJ wiring was not overbuilt to start with and it has not improved with age (added resistance). Your headlight wiring will also benefit from the same treatment.

That sucks okay yeah it’s the one behind all the Hvac controls kinda rectangular with 6 or so ports. It was melted I did find one that’s not melted.

Back