• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Free 1990 MJ PARTS

Not a problem. What's your plans for it?

Well I'm still on the hunt for a doner xj. But ultimately I want to do the full 97+swap. Interior as well with center consol and cut down over head consol. Planning on getting an 8.8 4:10 lsd rear end, and a non disco front 30 which I'll regear and lock. Ax-15 with prolly just the standard np231 unless I can find. Killer deal on a 4:1. Going with the bds lift I'm getting from my dad and soa in the rear with stock replacement lead packs. Prolly 33x10.5s. That's my idea at least for now.

It is a lot of work. It took me three years of weekends to get mine "done". It still isn't 100% yet.

Your biggest hurdle will be the fuel system. You need to figure it out first. You can modify a V6 tank to run the newer pump module, use a TJ tank and instrument cluster or use a Dakota tank with XJ sender.

All three options have their issues though. I use a TJ tank and cluster. This required me to buy a new rear drive shaft. I had to any way so no big deal.

25638da582453de556cbdc2ddba34877.jpg

Why is it that you couldn't use the standard mj tank and modify it? Or even use the xj tank and cluster and modify it? Are they Tht different from each other?

You should really join www.ComancheClub.com there is a ton of info there to familiarize yourself with before you dive in.

Yea I'm apart of that forum already. And have read up a little bit on it. But didn't realize the gas tank issue. I'll take some pictures later today, but the interior is gutted cept for the heater core and such and the motor is hooked up to the engine hoist.

Seat belts?

Seat belts?

I believe the seat belts have had an adjustment with a razor knife. Why, I'm not sure, other than they were in the way.

David Bricker / SYR

Let me check and see if i have the shackles. I believe they may of have gone bye bye when i went to the JY the last time around. but let me check in my yard and see if they are around. i know the bushing were totally shot in them, but ill let you know tomorrow sometime.

Back