• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gauge Mounting Options

cyrus

NAXJA Forum User
I shearched a bit on this site but really didnt find anything to help me out.
My ? is, Where have you guys mounted aux gauges in the cabin?
There really isn't a good option that I have come up with yet, and I dont like the A-Pillar mounts.

My B&M tranny temp gauge came with its own pod, so I mounted it to the side of the center console.

DSC01108t.jpg

I've also seen single gauges installed where the cigarette lighter is (a friend has his tranny temp gauge there), as well as in that panel to the left of the radio (I used to have Rancho RS9000 controls there).

rs90001.jpg

Tranny Temp gauge, my flash light and First Aid kit are located there.
The Cluster mounted set, my E-locker button is in that location.
What do you think about the center console front pocket-ahead of the shifter. Cant see the gauges when in park, but...

Thanks for the input.

What don't you like about the A-pillar mounts? I put my Trans temp guage there and it's perfect. Easy to read and out of the way.

I think T&J Performance sells a panel that mount over the cbby hole beath the glove box.

I like that spot above the cig lighter.

I remember reading on here that early 90's ford A pillar after market gauge holders fit perfectly on cherokees. Might want to look into that.

dothedew24_7 has some trick guages in his rig - shoot him a PM - i know he posted a pic and it looked sweet...

Back