• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

arb wiring problems--need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Red

NAXJA Forum User
I'm having problems getting my arb to work. I got the wiring harness from ARB and wired it up like it shows in the instructions, but haven't been able to get the comp to turn on. I know the comp worked when I got it from Sean and Andy set up the ARB in the dana 30 so that should be good to go. I'm only running a front locker so I tried hooking up to switch 1 and also then to switch 2, but couldn't get the comp to turn on. I know that the rear locker, if you do run an ARB has to be powered 1st before the front, but since I'm running only a front ARB I tried both the #1 & 2 switch. I also spliced into 1 of the 3 wires coming directly from the ignition coil to hook up the red/yellow wire that calls for it to be wired to the ignition. Does anyone have any suggestions on things I should try or am doing wrong. Your help would be much appreciated. I hate to have to pay someone to get my ARB to work, but I need to be able to use it, I paid for it and I'm running the Rubicon trip next weekend so I need it to function. I could supply beer or some other compensation for someone to come over and help me get it working, remember I have the comp mounted, air line hooked up, arb in the diff etc, I just need to get the wiring worked out to run the locker now. I live in Citrus Heights, CA (Sac area). Please advise. thanks....Troy
Troy

i replied in your other thread, but i can't see any reason why it would be wired to the ignition coil, I think they mean wire it to a 12v source that is only on when the ignition is on, like how the radio is only on when the ignition is on.

BrettM said:
to test that theory, wire that one straight to the battery and see if it works properly

Thanks Brett, I was thinking of doing that. I appreciate all your responses to my inquiries. I'll wire the ignition wire right to the battery and see if that does the trick. I'm also working on getting my rock lights hooked up so I can wheel at night as well as during the day. With the large group on the trail next weekend, we might have to get some wheeling done at night. I have a group of friends I'm trying to meet up with at well, it looks like I might work most of Friday and leave around 3 and wheel some of the trail at night. I will definately be on the trail, but I'm not when or where at this time.
Troy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back