• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Motivation ride- 12/15 Rausch Creek

ARB-XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Only have a couple things left to get for the "new" jeep before she is trail ready for at least a shakedown run, looking for a good reason to get it done. Looking to see if anyone wants to get in one more ride before the end of the year AOAA or RC, doesnt matter to me..never been to AOAA though. Havent even been out since Nacfest 2011? I wanna say oor right around there. Dont have any specific date in mind, something late NOV early december. If we have some interested people we can decide a date.

Re: Motivation ride

Depending on what weekend you're eyeing, I might be available too.

How's the new rig configured?

Re: Motivation ride

Timing doesnt matter too much to me, maybe 12-1...before it start to get too cold up there. LMK how that play out for everyone. Or if anyother is better......New rig is a cheap SOB I got off FB on locked on 35's. Need to find some bumpers and sliders for its ASAP and she SHOULD ready to roll...Glade to see a lot of the same people still here!

Re: Motivation ride - December 1st

I should be able to make it, most of my weekend (kid-related) obligations should be done by then. Count me in as well.

A.

That sounds doable for me too, at least at the moment.

I just saw that Rausch is only partially open on Dec 1, and not till 10AM, due to Deer Season.

Let's officially do this run at AOAA.

Re: Motivation ride- AOAA - December 1st

46162303_10212495710575401_5838678417351901184_n.jpg

trailer is ready to go now with its new deck!...looks like 4 of us

sorry i'm in nyc for the weekend. was just there @ rc the 10th. all the rains over the summer have washed a lot of trails out, or made them worse, all j's going down hill are all blue/ upper blue level now. and the pipe line is done on the north east side :)

sorry i'm in nyc for the weekend. was just there @ rc the 10th. all the rains over the summer have washed a lot of trails out, or made them worse, all j's going down hill are all blue/ upper blue level now. and the pipe line is done on the north east side :)

Good to know, Brian, thanks for the update! One neat thing about RC is that it does change year over year, keeps things interesting!
Sorry to hear you wouldn't be able to make it. Hopefully we get some more things going for the upcoming year, and the AOAA run kickstarts it. I'm optimistic.
Rich

I might be in for this.

This ride is open to non-XJs? I have a few buddies I would invite - heavily modified and we always run the hard stuff.

all the rains over the summer have washed a lot of trails out, or made them worse, all j's going down hill are all blue/ upper blue level now.

Oh Yeah! I love the J that is/was called a green trail, which is definitely a high blue now. Just a few years ago, the entrance to that trail had that fun rutted out area that would get your suspension all twisted up, then the rest of the way down was pretty tame. Now nearly the entire trail down is rutted on one side, so it is a great off-camber ride.

So AOAA is closed Dec 1 for hunting the following sat at well. So we would have to do the 15th up there..RC schedule looks pretty confusing as well...Id say move to the 15th IF that works for everyone, i cant really do sundays since its 3hrs each way.

Back