• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Good All Season Daily Driver Tire Recommendation?

JoshRountree

NAXJA Forum User
I need new tires here soon, and I want something that's good for all seasons. I see a fair amount of cold weather with snow mixed in every now and again. I've always bought whatever cheap tires were on hand, but now that I do all my own work I feel like I can afford nice tires. From what I've found on the Internet, I'm looking at the Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza.

definately.
they're good AT tires. i tried my for the first time in some slick clay alabama mud on the loggin roads last week. you have to be on the throttle pretty good the whole time for them to clean out like they're supposed to. just coasting, they fill up pretty quick and get slick.:lecture: but, a good all-around off/on road tire.

i like em' :D

Will you do any off roading? How much snow will you occasionally see? Do you mind road noise?
You can check on www.tirerack.com and they will give you some suggestions based on your input. You can also read reviews from drivers who purchased said tires.

xjtrailrider said:
I run BFG AT KO's on my DD, Great all around tire.

X2 Best damn tires!! They work great and last forever!!

I have run the Procomp A/T with great results on my xj and my Ram 1500. Great overall treadwear and traction is excellent on snowy roads here in Oregon. Plus the 3 for one 4WheelParts deal its better on the wallet.

I've been running Firestone Destination LEs for a few years now and am very satisfied with them. Good wear, no noise, no hydroplaning, they do a good job in snow. Haven't exploded.

xjtrailrider said:
I run BFG AT KO's on my DD, Great all around tire.
thats what i have been runing for 3-4 years now and i love them perfect for the daily comute and work awesome on the trail, nothing else seems as agressive as these in the AT line up

Not much help here as all my rig's run M/T's year round. destination A/T is a good tire, as is the dueler A/T, the Cooper's will be a bit loud. Just stay away from Goodyear's, they suck a$$.

I like Cooper Discoverers but I also got nice results from Nokian Vaativas. Those are very good in rain and handle well on the highway. Less aggressive off road than some, and not as good on snow as some, but reasonable.

I run BFG AT/KO's on all three jeeps and I will be replacing the tires on the new ZJ in the spring with a set of the BFG's, it currently has some brand new car type all season tires on it now but they came with it. Probably run them till the winter is over, no money right now, then up them from 225's to 235's or 30's.

I recently switched to toyo AT's, the most aggressive looking AT IMO and have been working great for me up here in the snow and slush and even worked really well on the rocks this past fall (have no idea how well they'll do in mud, i'll have to wait fot spring)

I have installed Wrangler Silentarmours last year, and I love them. We have white roads here for the past week, and had no issues. My buddy has them on his Toyota Tundra, and he thinks they are the best tire ever.

I ran them on just about everything, and have been very impressed with about 15k miles and not a single issue, and they are quiet. I have studded tires on my Grand Cherokee, and when I do the switch in April, I will see if they make a size that fits. The only bad side, is the do cost a bit more than others, but I feel it was worth it!

Just my 2 cents,
Bob

Eliminator89 said:
I've been running Firestone Destination LEs for a few years now and am very satisfied with them. Good wear, no noise, no hydroplaning, they do a good job in snow. Haven't exploded.
X2
I also have general grabber AWP's and they are great in the snow and ice. THey also have never left me stuck anywhere

Back