NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old February 19th, 2021, 07:52
NAXJA Forum User

My jeep build with photos over the last few years.

Ebay bumper is sitting gathering dust. Actually done a handful now and sold them

I have not done bump stops i dont have limiting straps. I dont care to much about my current shocks.

Still been talking to accutune I gota say they are great. What kicked this off was researching orie struts. Orie have built in bump stops. User stable spring rate ride heith firmness. Pretty much a bolt them on at bump stopped height air em up and go. At a cost of about 900ish minus the nitrogen charging bottle and hardware.
https://www.jensenbrosoffroad.com/products/stx-strut
https://www.polyperformance.com/ori-...rogen-fill-kit

Fox 2.0 factory series tuned by accutune spring rates set to your desired ride height me 5 up 7 down
https://accutuneoffroad.com/product/...-with-springs/

Then ad 400-500 for bump stops and make or buy limiting straps.

Ori od is 3.23"
Coils od on Fox 2.0 is roughly the same or alittle less than ori od. Wich is what started all my research. The ori I was thinking was easier to package but its not. In a way it is since it doesn't need a secondary bump stop.

All that and my jeeps still broke im having a hard time getting distracted. Been researching super duty front axles to. Shipped to me for 500-700 that includes shipping. Hmmmm

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old February 19th, 2021, 07:57
NAXJA Forum User

Yes. The red xj and me were only to rigs to complete the water fall runs. I did not have a spare. Pulled shaft and stuffed tube full of rags.

Yota took transfer case out on a rock .

Pretty hooked on slow technical vertical ledges and rocks. 5.13 gears would be nice.

Old February 19th, 2021, 08:23
NAXJA Forum User

Have also been thinking about rock crawler coils to firm up ride alittle and maybe bring about 1" of lift.
Factory in the cost of fox 2.0 shocks ive already decided are a must ad coil springs that probly won't work out how I like. And I'm damn near to what a set of coil overs cost tuned for my vehichle weight use and target ride height. Not to mention upper coil over mount or lower can easily have a couple inches of ride height built in without even thinking about touching coil adjustment on coiliver it self.

Coilover mounted in current coil location would go into the engine bay but pretty much anything I do from here is going in.
Cycling front with no shocks or coils 7" down is a shit ton of articulation and right about were track and 3link start limiting travel due to bind and track bar pulling to drivers side. 12" shock is plenty plenty.

I never got the last stimulus payment some ****er working the unemployment system got it instead im sure. Not to mention getting only 800 of almost 10 grand taken from my pay in taxes. I think this is the last year I pay taxes
Was counting on that to get bump stops. But am kinda glad I didn't because I hadn't yet talked myself into coil overs. Theyd be mounted in the way im sure

Old February 19th, 2021, 11:42
NAXJA Forum User

Broke inner AND outer axle shaft at the u joint? Ouch.
Old February 19th, 2021, 12:40
NAXJA Forum User

Yes. On or the other probably broke first then took out othere. Was unto take it out right away.

Yes made it up what owned the yota. A prior attempt with 3.55 gears and open front was a failed attempt. Literally walked right up with grizzly and 4.88s

Old February 19th, 2021, 17:38
NAXJA Forum User

Re: My jeep build with photos over the last few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan03 View Post
Yes. On or the other probably broke first then took out othere. Was unto take it out right away.

Yes made it up what owned the yota. A prior attempt with 3.55 gears and open front was a failed attempt. Literally walked right up with grizzly and 4.88s

Didn't catch both broke on that side. Really sucks

Don't ya love being locked?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old February 19th, 2021, 17:39
NAXJA Forum User

Everyone bags on Doetsch Tech shocks but they have built in bumps as well. ORI or Orie? Completely different ballgame with coilovers but DT shocks are good.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old February 19th, 2021, 22:31
NAXJA Forum User

I've heard good on them.

Ori

I really like the guys at accutune