• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

STOLEN Car! Green 98 Cherokee - Columbus OH

Jonner

NAXJA Forum User
I didn't know where else to post this... mods, hopefully this is okay.

STOLEN - From the 800 block of City Park Avenue, Columbus OH 43206, the morning of 8/16 between 1am-8am! 1998 Jeep Cherokee, dark green with North Carolina License plates, stickers in left rear window. Has LED headlights and Rambler wheels. Police report has been filed and confirmed not impounded with the city. PLEASE, if seen reply to this thread (subscribed) and contact police at 614-645-4545!

pmzPKIrfj

The more eyes on this the better.

The police can only do so much.

Please keep an eye out for my Jeep and contact 614-645-4545 (Columbus Police) if found.

Police recovered the vehicle!!! Thanks for keeping your eyes peeled. Found it 1.8 miles from our place with the tumblr surround broken, rear window and a couple small odds and ends. The engine may have been run a little hard but in as good of shape as I could have prayed for!!!!

Glad to hear they found it and they didn't mess it up too much.

Just curious.... does yours have the sentry key imobilizer?

One time in Phoenix, someone got in my car, and didn't take anything. I'm guessing they used a shaved key, and I'm wondering if the key imobilizer saved my a$$. I'm also not sure if they are easily bypassed. Of course, now I have a viper alarm.

I'm not even sure what a sentry key immobilizer is?

Jeep didn't have any theft deterrents other than having no valuables being kept in it. The stereo is original and only AM works, so no shiny bits inside. I guess I never pictured they would take the actual car, just the stuff inside it. I've only had problems with break-ins in the past.

I'll be looking into theft deterrents, I think an aftermarket alarm for this Jeep may be overkill. It has to be visual (easily recognized) and relatively cheap over the remaining life of the rig. I've got LoJack, a secondary ignition kill switch, and the club in my head. No one will question me for running with a club after this week.

Lojack and kill switch. A hack saw to the steering wheel is all it takes to defeat the club.

My $0.02

Congrats. I was one of the faceless masses that thought the worst. Its nice to be wrong.

Back