• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mechanics in North Indianapolis burbs

neatjeep

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all, I just relocated to Carmel/Noblesville area north of Indianapolis.

I have a 98 XJ that I've been wrenching on for several years and it needs a few things done that I either don't have the patience, equipment or skill for.

Does anyone know a great mechanic that is familiar with these jeeps? I find that it's always cheaper and mo betta to go somewhere that has intimate knowledge of the vehicle. In St.Louis there was an awesome place that really did only Jeeps, XJ's TJ's ZJ's etc. Would love to find a place like that here!

Thanks all.

M

I’m sure there is a place... I’m curious what you would like done since you’ve already been doing quite a bit? I’m one hour south and just a NAXJA guy and not a shop. I’ve been a professional welder and not much would scare me on an XJ. I’ve got a buddy who owns the number one auto shop in Bloomington, IN and he’s an XJ fan and former owner.

Nice, thanks for the reply. I've been fighting oil leaks for some time now, suspect the rear main although I've got some UV dye on the way to confirm. The way that the oil has spread/sprayed all over the underside, it could be coming from higher up. The oil pan/RMS job is not terribly difficult, but just not something I have time or patience for right now.

I've replaced rear axle, springs, all the shocks, cat-back exhaust, fuel pump, alt, AC, wheel bearings, rear gate lift struts, a bunch of control arm bushings and hell thats all I can think of at the moment. So it's not like I can't work on the thing - I'm just old and tired and busy as hell.

It needs motor mounts replaced and want to get a rust welded tow hitch off. It's a pretty clean example so I'm keeping it mainly stock. Might have to check out your buddy in Bloomington!

Well, I could be your man. I live near 49th and central in broadripple. Give me a shout sometime. 704-701-3114

Back